Chapter Seventeen

Dearest Jenna,

I'm writing this letter to you because I've always wanted to write my lover a letter while I was in the army. Doesn't it seem utterly romantic? ^^

I'm doing well. They feed us well. Well, it's okay. It's not fantastic, but I really didn't have high expectations. I've lost a little weight, but don't worry. I've replaced it with muscle, I'm sure. I'll admit I'm not entirely sure how all that works. -.-

I saw Kookie the other day during training. He asked how you've been doing. He looks good. He's made some friends, I think. He promises me he's eating well. You wouldn't believe his muscles. I'm sure you've seen him during his last leave, but it seems like they grew overnight. I think he got a bit taller too. Why do I feel like I'm telling you about our son and how he's doing at summer camp?

Ahh...I really miss everyone. I don't see anyone else much, just Kookie once in a while. I am happy to do my civil duty, don't get me wrong, but I can't wait till we're all out of here and back together. I never thought I would miss everyone so much.

I have to go. It's lights out. My bunkmate gets rather grumpy if I use my bed light too long. I love you. If you aren't too busy, write me back. You could even send me a picture if you want. I wouldn't mind. Oh, and no derpy pictures. If you send me a derpy-faced picture of yourself, I won't forgive you.

Xoxo
Tae

* * *

Dear Tae Oppa

I hope you like the picture I sent. I can't help how my face looks; I was born derpy. >_< Sorry, babe.

I'm doing well. Sara and I are working a lot. She is now officially an employee of BigHit. She does odd jobs here and there around the office to keep herself busy. We go to your dorm once a week and clean up the dust. We've left it the way you guys left it.

I can't help but get a little sad every time I walk into the dorm. I still smell your cologne when I enter your room. I don't know why; I just do. Maybe I'm hallucinating.

It's been a year already. I can't believe how slow time has gone. Maybe not for you. Perhaps it's gone by quickly for you because you're working so hard and busy. I'm busy too. Maybe I'm just not busy enough.

Trouble is getting ready for a concert in Seoul next month. They're so good with their English now that I am beginning to wonder how long I'll have a job. ~.~

I spoke with your mother a few days ago. She's coming to Seoul next week and wants to take me shopping. I'm not sure I have the stamina for a power shopping trip. ᄏᄏᄏ
I love you. Don't worry about me at all. I'm not losing weight... -.- ᄏᄏᄏᄏ

Love,
Jenna

* * *

Dear Pretty Noona,

I can't believe I'm just now writing you my first letter. Feel special, Pretty Noona, because I haven't written one letter yet. This may be the only one too. I'm lazy like that.

I'm writing this for Tae Tae hyung. He wouldn't write it himself even if he could. Which, right now, he can't.
He's not dead. Well, he almost was. But he's not. Stop freaking out, Pretty Noona! He told me not to say anything, but since when did I ever obey, right? >.<

Anyway, his unit was doing maintenance on their barrack, and he fell off a ladder. It was dumb, really, from what I can tell. But you know hyung, nothing he does is normal. He overreached and knocked over the paint can on top of his ladder. The paint got on the step, and he slipped in it and fell sideways, landing on his arm. He dislocated his shoulder and cracked some bone around his elbow. They said he'll be okay in a few weeks. But, of course, he's being dramatic about it.