Chapter Twelve

Taehyung's phone buzzed, and he picked it up. It was another message from Jungkook.

Evil Maknae: Well, as much as I hate to have my party interrupted, I will gladly relinquish Jenna to your care. >:) I made sure she looks super hot for your date. But, unfortunately, she's probably too hot for you. So, if you want, I can just take her out instead.

Taehyung could feel the smoke pouring from his ears. This kid knew how to push his buttons. Before he could respond, another message came through.

Evil Maknae: Calm down, hyung, I'm only joking. She does look very nice. You can thank me later. I guess I should have asked what you were doing for this date before picking out her outfit, but I'm going to assume it's a nice date and not a "break up with me" date.

Taehyung scowled at the phone. He just knew he would arrive to see Jenna in some tight, red mini dress and obscenely high heels. While that thought didn't exactly displease him, he didn't like the idea of Jenna dressing that way, especially if it was something Jungkook picked out for her.

Taehyung: I swear, Jeon Jungkook if she looks like some hooker, I'm coming after you without mercy!

Evil Maknae: Good thing I have a head start then! See ya, hyung!

He couldn't hold it in anymore. Taehyung started laughing, earning him an odd look through the manager's rearview mirror.

"It's nothing, really," said Taehyung, waving a hand at him.

He smiled out the window for a moment before returning to his previous somber expression. He was majorly nervous. He didn't want Jenna upset with him, but he had to do this, and he had to do it now. Who knew what the future held for the two of them? He nervously loosened his tie.

"Excuse me, Manager-hyung, can I please get some more air back here?" Taehyung asked, feeling like the weight of the world was resting on his shoulders and his alone.

* * *

Jenna sat in the quiet living room. Sara had been out all day. Probably with Namjoon. Jenna wasn't sure. She stood up and went to her room to view herself in the full-length mirror on the back of her door just one more time.

Jungkook had done an excellent job picking out her outfit. It was a soft, pink, knee-length dress, slightly flared at the bottom. A white three-quarter length sleeved summer sweater was being worn over the top of the dress. She hadn't felt comfortable that the dress was sleeveless, and Jungkook reluctantly allowed her to wear the light sweater to cover her arms. Simple white flats covered her feet.

Her hair had grown quite long since she had arrived in Korea. It was pretty thick and curly still. She had pulled small sections of the sides back and attached a silver clip to hold it in place. Her whole look had a light and airy feel to it. She nodded her head in approval and glanced down at her watch.

He should be here at any minute, and she felt herself getting more and more nervous. It wasn't like him to spring a formal date on her like this suddenly. Her mind wandered back to the time he tried to break up with her for her own good. Surely he wasn't doing that again, was he? No, he had promised not to do that again. Was it perhaps about the military decision? Maybe. Maybe it was a "just because" date. Whatever it was, she was on pins and needles waiting for his arrival.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, and it startled her out of her chaotic thoughts. She quickly rose to her feet and walked to the door, looking at the screen for the camera outside her door to see if it was who she hoped it was. But, when she saw him, her mind went blank.