59

After breakfast at Niall's, the two boys went on their way back to their houses.. Yes, they had to go to separate houses- only because Louis had a family dinner and Harry wanted to speak with him mom about something important..

As they came to Harry's driveway, the two boys kissed softly then Louis kept walking. Harry jogged up to his door and let himself in quickly

"Mom! I need to talk to you." he called through the house

"Kitchen! Making lunch, babe!" she called back to Harry

So Harry sat himself on the counter top and brought back too many memories..

"Remember him?" Harry asked quietly

"Yes, dear.. I remember" she sighed, honesltly hating the topic of him

"Well, don't be mad.. but I spoke to him"

Anne stopped flipping the grilled cheese and glanced up at her son

"But Louis was there for me, so it's okay"

She nods slowly and flips the sandwich in the pan

"I'll remember to thank Louis next time I see him" she smiled a little

"he told me he still loved me" Harry whispered 

"and.. and he said he'd still marry me. and kiss me- if only I'd let him"

"Would you let him?" Anne asked softly, wanting to know how her son felt

"No. ...well... a part of me, just the smallest part, wanted me to hop into his arms like I used to, ya know? But.. Louis. I look at him and it just makes everything better.. so, no."

"That's good baby. And, it sucks but, a part of you- even the smallest part- will always want him because he was your first love. Everyone has their soft spot for someone, but as long as you don't fall into that hole again, you won't get hurt.. and if you have someone, like Louis, to keep you from falling and getting hurt, that's really good"

* * *

Louis stepped into his chaotic house and was instantly tackled by his siblings. His smile grew as he carried each of them- very messily- through the house to the lounge. He plopped them on the couch and shook them off his feet then hurried away to the kitchen where he knew the adults were.

"Louis! You're home" his mother smiled and stopped chopping onions

"Hey, mama" he walked over and pecked her cheek and gave her a soft hug

"How was Harry and Zayn? And Zayn's boyfriend, the blondie?"

"Harry, Zayn, and Niall were good. We just played videogames and ate junk food." Louis lied easily- only feeling a little guilty about it. 

"I kind of hoped you'd bring Harry- or one of your other friends, boobear. We've got the big dinner tonight." she shrugged

"I could invite them.. Maybe not Harry, this time. He's just gotten home and wanted to speak to his mum"

"Maybe the blonde- Niall. I've only met him once"

"Okay, I'll call him" 

Louis slipped into his bedroom and sunk to his bed. He laid down for a second and looked at the ceiling. He was smiling. He's been really happy lately- and most of the confusion melted away.

Of course, he still wondered how in the hell he ended up best friends- and boyfriends- with his enemy. He wondered how he understood his green headed boyfriend so well, after only a couple weeks. He asked himself all the time how he let himself fall into this beautiful relationship- but he was so happy about it. It was perfect and soft and sweet. He loved it. 

He hoped they'd never change. There was no judgement in their relationship and they didn't have to prove anything- they could just be themselves.