5

The two sat as far apart as they could while remaining in their desks. Everyone had heard their argument and insults, but no one said anythign about it.

No one ever really said anything about any of their shouting matches, shitty comments, or disagreements.

It was just... natural. For everyone.

The two despised each other. Always had. They thought they always will.

So when the bell rung, both were out of their seat in seconds and out the door. They turned separate ways, one going left while the other went right, and they were off on their own paths again.

Louis reached the art room and stormed in. Zayn was already sat in his seat with a selection of water paints. 

"Zayn" Louis sighed

"Was it Harry again? Isn't that the class you just came from?" Zayn asks, already wanting to know the drama

"Yes! He's such an a-"

"Mr Tomlinson" the teacher warned

"Albatross. I was going to say he is such an albatross" Louis rolls his eyes

Zayn snickers as he mixes his paints gently, making sure they are all ready to be used.

"Zayn! We're paired together!! For an essay" Louis complains more

Zayn grins bigger but wipes it away by coughing into his hand before Louis can take notice to it.

"Oh, wow. I cannot believe that. That's crazy" Zayn's tone sounded interested but he was focused on his paints, and whatever thoughts were running through his mind

"I cannot believe it, Z. I mean, we have to write about hate. and love. and equality" 

"Love? Wow, that could be tough" Zayn nods, understanding Louis' anger

"I know! He probably listens to love songs like... by Seal!"

"And you don't listen to love songs at all." Zayn points out

"Ugh this is so-" before Louis can finish his sentence, the rest of the class piles into their seats  and he's forced to pay attention to the instructions for the day...which just so happened to be drawing hair. and next day would be a head shape. Then eyebrows eyes. Then a nose.  Lips. Then details.

"Louis, you'll be drawing curls." the teacher starts, "Zayn, draw your own hair. Danielle, curls. Aiden, any style you like. Miss Calder, draw my hair, please. And-" as the teacher tossed out assignments, Louis had already set to work.

A clear image came to the blue eyed boy's mind of curls.

He hadn't thought twice before picking up his pencil and starting to lightly draw the outline for the curly hair. and when he got halfway through, Zayn took notice to whose curls those resembled, but he never said anything.

With only 20 minutes of class left to spare, Louis heard someone clear their throat behind him. He turned a little, wondering if someone needed his attention, and he smiled when he recognized the boy behind him as the boy who sits in the front of his Geography class.

"Hi" Louis smiles

"Hi, I'm Aiden.. You're Louis?"

"Yeah! Nice to properly meet you." Louis grinned then continued by politely asking, "Need something, lad?"

"Yeah, uh, can you turn this way.. for just a second?" the boy asks slowly as his cheeks turn a shade of pink

"Sure?" Louis responds just as slow, but also confused..

None the less, Louis does as he is asked. He turns fully to face the boy and watches as he studies him... then starts dragging his pen back over his canvas that Louis can't quite see.

It was then that Louis realized Aiden was the one who got to draw whatever hairstyle he liked...

and Louis realized that the boy was drawing his hairstyle.

"It's me, innit?" Louis asked with a small, growing grin

"Wanna see it?" Aiden asked in return, still seeming shy

It was done in light pencil, then drawn over and softly shaded with bright blue pen.

"Blue pen is my favorite way to draw.. I love the way it shades and shadows and... yeah.. is it okay that I'm drawing, ya know, you?" Aiden rambled a little

"It's amazing! I love it so far. I cannot wait to see how the rest turns out"

"Maybe we could sit in here at lunch one day? And, like, I could work out the details in the face? That's the hardest part, the symmetry"

"Yeah, sure. Want my number?" Louis smiled wider than he had in a bit... and that made his tummy feel funny... in a nice way