22

After the library, they parted ways respectfully and went to find their friends, to report how it went, but they ended up not finding either of them.

Niall was gone. Zayn was gone. -Not in the bathrooms, classrooms, lunchroom, library, or outside seating area.

Like they just 'poof'ed away.

Harry took out his phone and clicked Niall's contact.

His message was simple {Hey, where you at? Lunch study with Tomlinson went well}

But he got no response.

Louis called Zayn, because Zayn never skips class or school. The call went straight to voicemail, like his phone was turned off. 

* * *

Niall and Zayn sneaked out of the school property and to the footie field. They laid happily in the middle of the field, hands locked gently between them. They were staring at the sky, looking at the clouds, not even needing to talk. 

"I don't think we're gonna need to do much to get those two to be friends" Zayn mumbled after a while

"Yeah.. I think they've started to come to their senses" Niall agreed quietly

"Still wanna get them to hang out at the party?" Zayn asked as he rolled a little to look at the blonde next to him

"yeah. Alcohol could loosen them up, get them to really talk. But we don't need to force them to be around each other now" 

Another second passes and their lips find themselves inseperable. They're kissing slow but it's passionate. Zayn's lips curve slowly into a smile and Niall tugs gently on the front o fhis t-shirt, trying to get him to stop grinning and kiss him deeper, but Zayn can't help it. They break apart because of the black haired boys' smiling lips and Niall whines.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it. I love kissing you so much" Zayn laughs 

"Shush up and kiss me again then, dummy" Niall joins him in the soft chuckles that escape into the warm air around them