Chapter 28 | Under editing

I parked across the street from the Redwood clothing store

I parked across the street from the Redwood clothing store. I stepped out of the car as my hair blew crazy in my face, and I took my gauze-wrapped hand, pushing my strands behind my ear as I felt the tape snag it a few times.

I have to remember to use my other hand.

A sign planted in the grass caught my attention. "Hmph, Mayor Silverman won, again." I see a big smile on his face with the word elected stamped across the board.

Bora closed the car door. "Who?" he asked, stepping aside from me, and I pointed towards the ground.

"He's celebrating his win to honor the people for electing him as Mayor." I perked up at Bora. "I'm sure my parents will want me to come." I turned up the corner of my lip.

"We can go together." He smiled at me.

"Really?" I cuffed his arm. "It will be like making up for prom."

"I did miss all of my school years, huh?" He said in disappointment.

"Sorry, but it's okay." I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Who did you go with?" He eyed me.

"Levi, but he was a jerk," I pouted.

"Ha-ha, I can tell. Your blood pressure rose just by saying Levi's name. I can eat him if you want me to." He smirked.

"No!" I laughed. "Wait, you do that?" I receded, stunned.

"No," he shook his head with a chuckle. "Good thing he messed up," Bora mumbled, walking away from me, and it threw me for a loop. I wonder what he meant by that?

I jogged back to the side of him, pushing his shoulder. "Don't be weird." I titter, going ahead of Bora to walk backward in front of him, being goofy. He gazes at me intently, with a pleasant gaze. His eyes became brighter, and it captured me, seeing how beautiful they are.

"Gemma, lookout," Bora warned, reaching out.

"Oof." I bumped into a girl, almost stumbling over. Did I run into a brick wall?

"I'm sorry," She apologized, holding my shoulders, making sure I was upright on my feet. I looked up, gazing into her pretty green eyes, knowing it was my fault for not paying attention.

"No, I am," I brushed it off but then saw her cover her mouth and nose. My mouth fell open in disbelief. She is a girl, but I stink to her?

"Look, Gem, she ran away from your smell." Bora cracked up.

"Ha-ha, so funny," I glared at him.

"You can't be mad at me if I like the physical pheromones you put off into the atmosphere rather than that funky body spray." He openly admitted it but paused from revealing it so openly.

My body flushed, fighting the cold weather. I can barely feel it.

"I'm sorry, Gem. I didn't mean to say that out loud," He held his breath.