29 : I'll be damned

I'm tired

I'm tired.
Tired of every single thing around me today.

I hadn't slept at all last night.
Well, to be honest, I haven't slept well in a long time.
About 2 months or so, and nobody needs an explanation as to why it's so.

Every single day feels like a chore.

It's back to the dimming eyes, not so heartfelt smiles, again. Every time this God-forsaken cycle begins, it's like it chips away a piece of me. But then it ends, and the days become brighter and vibrant again.

But the only saving grace in each cycle was that he never kept our relationship on the back burner, to give space to the new one.
I was always the first priority, so I knew even in this relationship of his, I'll still remain the first priority.

This knowledge, though powerful, doesn't act as a balm when you see your soulmate in someone else's arms.
It doesn't lessen the sting you feel in your heart, when she kisses him.
And I've been witnessing those almost every day.

It's been about two months since their relationship began, and every day I've been struggling to just pull through.
To survive till I'm in my bed, and can let myself be vulnerable.

My pillows have been the biggest witness of my heartbreak. They drink my tears and keep them a secret from others.
And my blanket protectively wraps me in its arms and lets me cry out my pain.

And again the tears started streaming down my eyes.

I was sitting on our bench under the willow tree, waiting for everyone to finish their classes.
More like, taking a moment to be just a little true to myself, and be vulnerable, because I can't do it in front of them.

Not like they don't know. I know that I can cry on their shoulders and they won't have a problem. It's just the pain I see in their eyes, when they see me cry, that breaks me further.

It's enough that they witness all the cuddling and kissing, with me. She's big on the PDA, even if everyone seems uncomfortable.

But I always pray that even if I have to bear the torture of him having a girlfriend, God should at least have mercy on me and not let me see all the kissing.

The thought that he's with someone else is enough torture, why do I have to undergo the feeling of my soul being scorched?

A small whimper slipped past my lips and a few tears tumbled down. I hastily wiped them before anybody could see it.

I anyway have been getting weird looks from people whenever they see Haans and Kashish walking hand in hand or kissing, with me beside them.
Guess, what Mayank told me at the Christmas Party, that everyone on the campus knows what we feel for each other, is true.

Just as I checked my face for remnant tears, I saw our gang make their way toward me.

They all stood in front of me, just as I got up.