24 : 𝑯𝒆𝒓 18th Birthday

It's 11:59 p

It's 11:59 p.m., and we all are standing outside Ana's room with a cake baked by our very own culinary student, Viki.

The candles are lit, and we all are ready. Just waiting for the clock to strike 12.

" You guys can come in, you know. "
Ana announced from inside the room.

We all groaned.

We could hear her laughter from inside.
" I promise I'll act surprised. "

We reluctantly entered.

" That's not fair dude. You could have at least pretended that you didn't know we were standing outside. " Avi complained.

She laughed
" Just sit down "

I moved and sat on her left, on the bed. I wanted to be the first to wish her.

We heard the clock strike 12 a.m., and I turned her face left, towards me.
I had covered her right ear with my palm and whispered in her left ear
" Happy Birthday baby "
and kissed her temple.
She closed her eyes and sighed with a peaceful smile.

We heard collective shouts
" That's not fair " Piku whined.
" You asshole " Ritz & Viki
" I knew he'll do something " Avi

We both laughed and turned to face them.

Just then her and my parents had entered, so they heard it.

" I see Ansh did something again," Dad said

" Yeah, we knew he would do something, to be the first person to wish her. "
'sexy' said.

" You people should be used to it by now. "
Mom said looking at our friends.

" I guess we never learn the lesson. " Viki said

" We should probably tie him up to a pole or something, before coming to wish her on her next birthday. " Piku said

We all laughed.

" Piku you need to stop hanging out with Ritz, she's bringing out your wild side. " I said.

" Whatever. It anyway suits her. She looks like bubbles from Power puff girls, when she went rogue. " Ritz said smirking.

" Awww " We cooed

" Nobody takes me seriously. " Piku said stomping.

" Anyways, dude you gotta stop doing that. " Viki said pointing at me.

" Not happening, " Rajat Uncle said shaking his head.
All the other parents shook their heads along with him.

" He'll definitely find some way to be the first one to wish Mimi. " Dad said

" The last time we tried wishing together was when they were 13 years old. After the stunt he pulled, we knew we should rather let him do it. " Mom said.
All of them nodded.