Part IV - 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑆𝑢𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑟

Katherine and Kiara were already getting ready to go surfing with Pope and JJ.

Once they were both ready they headed down stairs and met each other in the living room.

𝐾𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑒'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣:

"Hey." I said to Kiara when she entered the living room.

"Good morning. You ready?" she asked me.

"Uh yeah." I said. "Why are you doing this? I mean, after all I did to you... why are you inviting me for the second time to hang out with you and your friends?" I asked her.

Honestly, I think she is doing this because she feels pitty for me. I don't like when someone does something just for pitty. I feel like... I don't even know how do I feel.

"Because I know you can be a better person. I know the person you show to people is not who you really are. I'm just giving you a chance, if you mess up... I'll probably never talk to you again." she said to me without showing emotions.

I sighed. "I won't." I answered, referring to the fact I woudn't mess up.

"I really hope you don't. They're my friends, if you'd do anything they would blame me for bringing you with us Katherine." she said with a serious tone.

"I know." I said. I understand that she is worried about me hurting one of them, if she'd do anything to Sarah I would feel the same.

We heard someone knocking at the door and Kiara went to open to reveal Pope.

"Hey, good morning." said Pope hugging Kiara.

"Hi." said Kiara in response.

"Hey Katherine." says Pope to me smiling.

When Pope greeted me a big smile formed in my lips for no reason. "Hey." I said to him.

"JJ is waiting in the van, you girls are coming or what?"

"Yup, let me just get my keys." she says picking up her keys from the side table.

"Wait, I gotta go upstairs get my surfboard." I said turning my back to them realising I completly forgot about it.

"We have four in the van, don't worry about it." Pope said to me.

"Oh ok then." I said going outside with them again.

"Morning Kie!" said JJ not even looking at us, only realising we were here by Kiara talking with Pope about today.

"Oh uh, you as well. I forgot you were coming." he said once again, now looking at me.

"Hi." I said slightly smiling.

*

When we got in the beach it was 10am and we started surfing at the second we got there, only taking off our clothes and leaving our stuff in the sand.

After a couple of minutes I catched a good wave at the same time as JJ. After that he looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Didn't know you could surf." he said.

"Uh yeah. I said it yestarday actually." I told him.

"Hey JJ!" yelled Kiara just like we were doing, considering the fact we were all far from each others.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"I guess you're not the best surfer at the island anymore." said Kiara smirking.

"Huh? I'm still the best duh." he said.

"Well, at least you've got an adversary." my sister said again.

"We'll see. I guess there's another one coming." he said turning to the ocean trying to see the waves.