What were some of the other, more amusing entries?

Bethany Silverson Dec. 2012

'Your best is NEVER good enough. Quit now, the money isn't worth it!'

That had been one particularly harrowed entry.

Cathy Keen Aug. 2013

'He's insane. Just quit.'

It had been Cathy's only entry.

Then there had been one of the few male PAs; poor Erik Baker, who had wrote, 'You absolutely CAN ask stupid questions, apparently. For future PAs reading these sad little entries, don't, for the love of God, ever ask any questions!'

This one made me chuckle all over again. But my humor faded quickly.

I saw the common thread there, believe me. Almost all of the current PAs urged the next to quit, but the money and the plush living arrangement were huge perks that kept the fools streaming in like ducks migrating south for the winter.

I sighed and rolled over onto my side, giving in completely to the sensation of self-pity.

I half expected Adrian to come knock softly at my door that night, or perhaps simply let himself in.

I kept thinking about what he had said, how he was used to simply taking what he wanted.

So why didn't he just come to my damn room and take me already? If he wanted me, surely he would.

And also, it would be really convenient for me if he seduced me, then I wouldn't have the responsibility of making the choice now. To creep down the hallway to his room again or not...

No! I couldn't.

I wouldn't!

I wasn't that weak. I could order a really expensive, high powered dildo; that would give Adrian pause when it showed up at the condo for him to sign.

And I could survive on the memory of his sex alone.

It was a long night, and Adrian never did come to my room.

###

The next day, we all had to return to reality.

I got up at 6am because I simply hadn't been able to stay asleep.

Coming out onto the back deck with a cup of coffee, it was to find that I wasn't alone.

Adrian was already up and I stopped for a moment to consider his back. He sipped his coffee, currently holding his phone to his ear.

We both turned our heads when Mike and Kane went by with the dog, taking a patrol of the perimeter, and Adrian noticed me when he looked up.

He gave me a polite smile and gestured to me that he would be done soon.

I thinned my lips in what could pass for a smile as I went to stand at the deck railing. Bracing my forearms atop the wooden support, I sipped my coffee as I took in the view of the lake in the morning sunlight.

It was gorgeous here; beautiful homes, big, old basswood and northern red oak trees creating a stately border that protected residents from the bike path.

I could get used to living here. Of course, vacation was always a fantasy. A sweet dream from which one must inevitably awake.

"Yes, I understand." Adrian sighed heavily. "I'll have him back within the next few hours. The helicopter is getting prepped for takeoff right now.