Awake

Adam POV

Everything went blank for some minutes,the last thing I remembered was  a car running into ours,that sound "Ahrr" my head hurts "Maa_maa". why is it so noisy, what's that sound "stop that noise" I spoke but only I could hear myself. I moved my hand moved around to search for Martha,my eyes were still closed,I didn't want to open it,I felt weak.

my hand touched maa and it all came rushing back to me,the car.....the car ran into us on maa's side . I shot my eyes open in fear ,I was welcomed by a piece of white cloth above my face and a loud noise of a chainsaw . I lifted my hand and brought the cloth down from my face,I noticed we were still in the car ,I turned my head to the right despite the pain I felt in my neck.

"m_maa?" I spoke but she didn't respond,she was also covered with a piece of cloth that was socked in her own blood and I was terrified,I shook her slightly but still nothing"maa!" I yelled. Tears has began to fall down my face.

"hold on,I think the boy is awake" someone from the left side spoke and the chainsaw stopped." Get the paramedics, don't be scared,I'm here ok?" the manly voice spoke from my side of the car. I didn't reply to him,I just kept calling Martha, I can't loose her,not when I just told her my feelings and things got better between us. she can't leave me.

"Hello,can you hear me" a feminine voice spoke this time " why is she not responding"I spoke without turning to face the lady. " Don't worry she will be fine,we are trying to cut you guys out of the car because the doors are destroyed, what's your name,is there anyone we can call to inform them of your accident"the woman spoke. I turned my head to face the window where she stood but not without feeling the pain in my head" where is Sargent John " "oh,the solider is been attended to in the ambulance" she replied.

it was a relief that Sargent John was fine,I tried to reach for my phone but I couldn't find it because I couldn't bend my neck. " Are you looking for something" the paramedic asked" my phone" " oh,let me help you" she reached in and searched a while and she found it. I told her my password and she had access to my contact, good thing Sargent John handed us our phone when we landed. while she called my parent to inform them of what happened ,my face was covered again and we were brought out. we were rushed in an ambulance to the hospital. some minor first aid has been done such as reducing the bleeding, wearing of neck collar admission of drips etc.

Dr David was ready to receive us when we entered the emergency unit,and we were pushed into different rooms. The doctor attending the me must have had a hard time because I only allowed him to clean my bleeding head before I stood up from the bed" where are you going" he said, holding me back. I yanked my arm from his grip and glared at him" I dare you to stop me" I said standing up.

He held unto me again to prevent me from moving"But I ..." he couldn't finish is statement before Sargent John came in " let him go, I won't repeat it"he threaten. The doctor left me alone and I almost fell when I tried to walk but I was prevented from falling by Sargent John's uninjured hand that held unto me firmly. he helped me to the room next to mine where maa was laying with several doctors around her.

we made our way to her, I couldn't help but tear up again,she was seriously injured. Her head was bleeding,her whole front was covered with blood and a piece of glass was sticking out of her stomach. " maa , please talk to me" I spoke from the corner of the room,I didn't go close because I wanted the doctors to do their job. "wheel her in now" Dr David declared. immediately she was being wheeled out,I followed despite the dizziness I feel,I want to stay by her side.

I held unto her hand as she was being wheeled to the operating room,she was unconscious through out the movement but as she was about to be moved in and I had to let her go. I heard her whisper 'i love you' and our hand lost contact and she was taken in.

I stood in the hallway for some seconds before I went blank again and landed on the floor.

********

The next time I woke up I was connected to a drip ,I looked around and saw Sargent John seating on a chair ,his elbow was resting on his lap while his head was resting on his knuckles. I tried to adjust into a seating position but not without him noticing.  He ran to me despite him having a broken arm that was secured with a bandage around it and another going around his neck to support his arm. " easy sir" he said as he helped me with his other hand " Are you ok?" I asked " yes sir,you don't have to worry"  he said and I sighed .

" How is maa,is she out of surgery"I asked " no sir ,she has been in surgery for over 3hrs and none of the doctors are out" he replied " help me up,I want to go wait for her" he helped me up,he knew better than to argue with me.

I sat in front of the operating room waiting for some news,we had been waiting over an hour and still nothing. I was fustrated with everything.

I buried my face in my palm and started crying,I can't imagine loosing her. she is everything to me,I will never remain the same if she leaves me here,I was scared of a world without her,she brought out the best in me. we had gone through a lot together and our history goes way back . I want her to remember the moment we shared, there are still a lot of things we haven't tried together. she even promised to get me the book she was reading" I promise I will read it maa,just wake up" I said still crying.

"Adam?" I raised my head and I saw mum running towards me with dad right behind her, Sargent John finally stopped pacing back and forth and stood at attention when he spotted my dad. I stood up , pushing the drip stand and ran into my parents arm,I felt  relief they were here with me. " My baby,I'm so sorry" my mother weeped into my shoulder " it's not your fault mum,stop crying please " she nodded,but I was sure she was not convinced " how is Sammy doing,what did the doctor say " " we haven't heard anything from them yet" I spoke calmly, trying to hide my fearful voice. " Don't worry son, Sammy won't leave us" my dad said and wiped my tears away with his palm.

He turned to face Sargent John who was still standing at attention"Thank you John" my dad said and saluted Sargent John . Sargent John saluted him back and my dad tapped his shoulder " at ease John ,have a seat and don't protest "  he spoke. Sargent John obeyed and sat beside my mother and I on the bench in the hall.

my dad was making some calls to God knows who but it was ended when the operating room door flew open. And excited Dr David came running towards us "she is alive general,she survived " he said holding onto my dad's hand but soon released it when he realized what he did. my mum and I breathe a sigh of relief. I was so happy,my maa survived it.

" can we see her" my anxious mum asked "in a bit Mrs West,she is being moved to a room" he replied. my dad  went with the doctor to sort out the essential, soon a nurse came in to usher us in to see maa.

A/N:  Thanks for ur patience, I'm sorry I updated late. What are we best friends? Is coming to an end. Thanks for the reading, it's really appreciated.

Please recommend to ur friends.

Don't forget to vote and comment.