Interlude 1 - Perfect picture [Read me]

A/N: Interludes are canon to the story so read them. They hold information about the past and present that don't include Tommy or [Name] POV. They are shorter then regular chapters. Enjoy <3

Dream POV:

I pulled the comb towards me, brushing out [Name]'s hair. She had been bagging me to put into a braid. I started by sectioning the hair into three pieces. Twirl each section over one another. Once I finish, I tie the end with a hair tie.

"Can you put this in my hair too?"

She played with the yellow flowers in between her fingers. She has been picking that grass the whole time I have been brushing her hair.

"Of course, Missy." I took the flower from her fingers. I push in the yellow Lily of the Incas through the hair tie at the bottom of my hair.

"Yay!" She screamed. Her small body ran around on the grass, barefoot.

"All done." I dusted off my hands and sat under a tree for shade.

"I wish I could show Mama..." Her eyes watered up and she walked over to me. She was the average height for her age.

I can't tell her the truth. Her mom isn't going to come back... she gone for good.

"What if we— took a picture!" I suggested, trying to change the topic.

I grabbed my polaroid camera from my backpack and held it up to eye level. [Name] twirls in front of me. Her white dress spins and puffed up. The sun shined on her, covering her in warmth.

She looks like an angel... Especially next to me...

"Wait! You got to get in too!" She pouted.

I'm brought back to Reality. And noticed my camera was gone.

"Hold on, you know I don't like—" before I can finish I'm interrupted by a soft high pitched voice.

"Say Dream the best!"

A loud snap is heard and then out comes a photograph. She shakes it before smiling at me.

"You shouldn't do that." I folded my arms over each other.

She laughed and pointed two fingers in the directing of my face is. She looks me dead in the eyes and started to rip the photo.

"What are you doing? We just took that!" My words meant nothing to her. She already ripped off the right-hand corner.

"There! Now you don't have to worry!" She grinned.

She hand me the photograph, only my friends have been ripped off. Only below my neck can be seen.

This nine-year-old is going to be the death of me.

"Let's go show Papa!" [Name] cheered. I nodded along and walk behind her into our house.