Chapter 47

Naruto stood still in the middle of a training ground that was located just behind the royal palace. The space was protected by a barrier that would stop chakra from flowing out and keep whatever happens in the training ground stay here. When he was in a battle ground, there was bound to be fireworks and his works were often destructive. He didn't hope to change it, not by any chance. He was like that and nothing was going to change that. Perhaps after the war he would tone down his lust for a blood battle to look after the country, but the thirst would a gruelling fight would always be there.

Heisuke, Shinji, and Gaara were standing on the opposite sides, all surrounding him. Mei was just settling on the side along with Konan and Temari. The Mizukage preferred to watch things unfold rather than join in the battle. While she didn't have a problem with the occasional sparring session, she wasn't particularly in the mood for one. Still, catching Naruto off-guard and pummelling him would lift her spirits... a little.

The Emperor was only wearing a red long-sleeved shirt, black shinobi pants and black shinobi boots. His usual kimono was put aside. ''Don't hold back. Give it your all.'' Naruto said in a slightly detached tone, expression masked with impassiveness.

This was the first time they were ever going against the Emperor in a real battle, Heisuke and Shinnji. They'd never been given a chance to test their strength against the man who called chakra 'his'. ''You ready?'' Heisuke said, looking to the side at Shinji.

''Not really,'' Shinji responded. Since the revelation of the Empire's first princess, the Emperor has taken a more authoritative and strict manner. ''But it can't be helped,'' he added, getting into a stance.

''Come,'' Naruto merely said, not looking at either of his opponents.

Heisuke and Shinji blurred out of sight, before appearing on each side of Naruto, both slightly above ground, and fists cocked, aiming at Naruto. Gaara had shot a sand bullet, while remaining in place. The bullet went directly at Naruto's chest. The Emperor's Sharingan looked into all directions before he reacted to the attacks.

In an instant, his left hand caught Shinji's incoming punch, while his right hand, lashed onto the incoming sand bullet, directing it towards Heisuke. The bullet crashed into the man's chest, sending him tumbling away, while Shinji twisted in midair - still being held - and lashed a right footed high kick straight at the Emperor's face. Naruto still managed to catch the kick with his right hand.

''Wind Bullet,'' Naruto breathed out a bone crushing bullet from his mouth. The jutsu crashed into the man held in both his hands, sending him in Gaara's direction. The Sand Kazekage respond by lifting up a cushion of sand to catch the flying commander.

Shinji nodded in silent thanks to the Kazekage before taking out a black sword, which quickly became engulfed in red flames. The man darted towards the Emperor straight on. With those blood red eyes watching him like a hawk, it didn't matter if he went straight or not. Upon reaching within yards of the Emperor, Shinji swung his blade in a quick slash that went just above Naruto's shoulders. Any mistake and he was going to have his head rolling down the ground.

Naruto dodged the swing by bending back, as though he was falling. His eyes simply watched as the swing passed through inches away from his face. Right then, Heisuke appeared behind the emperor, crouched down a bit, a Rasengan on the palm of his right hand, heading at Naruto's back. Naruto turned his head slightly, while his right hand palm open, moved towards the Rasengan with Wind gathered around it.

As soon as Naruto's hand collided with the Rasengan, wind encased it to block the jutsu from doing any damage, Shinji was already in position, above the black haired Emperor. He swung his sword in a downwards slash, ''Cutting flames!'' the blade released a burst of flames like a wave, rushing straight at the front of the Emperor. By the second the flames collided with the Emperor, Heisuke had already made his distance. The jutsu forced crashed down the Emperor in a heap of flames that surrounded him.