Chapter 6: The Silent Crowd

Konoha was buzzing with a lot of activities. Everyone within the village wore a smile. All problems were forgotten, everyone chose to be happy. It was as if heaven was showering the village with bliss. Business owners were somewhat one those who the happiest of all. People from other villages had been inside the village and were buying a lot of things. More visitors meant more profits for them. Despite it being a profitable time there was still competition with the businesses. Competition did not go away; it was what drove successful businesses.

Most people where making bets. The finals of the chunin exams had arrived. Some people just wanted to enjoy good fights while some wanted to enjoy the good fights while making some money off the tournament. No one could be blamed really for making bets; it was what made the tournament worthwhile watching.

Well the streets where full a few hours ago, but now they were all quiet. Only a select few could be seen within the streets of the village. The majority of people were gathered at the stadium which the finals are to be held.

The stadium was full of people. There were no empty seats, each seat was taken. To some the stadium was a bit too small since not everybody could get inside the stadium.

The Fire Lord as well as other leaders of other countries where also present at the stadium. Even some leaders of small villages where present at the stadium, all in the name of the chunin finals. They were present to observe the next generation of powerful shinobi and also to see the strength of genins from other villages. Konoha had the most genins in the finals it was good because it also gave them a chance to see if Konoha was still producing strong shinobi's as it had been over the previous years.

Naruto and the other contestants stood in the middle on the stadium where all could see them, they where the main attraction of the finals. Everyone had come to watch them battle, to see their prowess as genins, to see if they had what it took to become chunin. They were also representing their villages. Performing well would bring glory to their villages at the same time performing bellow par would surely take a bite on the image of their villages. Potential customers and allies where watching, it was for the benefit of their villages to do well in front of them.

Each of them had trained hard for the past month, readying themselves for the finals. Each was determined to win; it was obvious in each of the contestants face. Nobody wanted to lose in front of the whole stadium. It would be hurting to a person's pride to lose while everybody was watching. Especially if one bragged about being a victor at the end of the tournament.

Naruto stood with his hands crossed on his chest with an impassive look on his face. Nothing much had changed with him, only his hair had grown just an inch long. Naruto's hair grew at a faster rate while he kept himself hidden at the hideout than when he was at a place where the sun was welcomed. His hair still covered his right eye. He had trained a bit during the last weeks. What he had been doing most was perfecting his ninjutsu arsenal and better control over his Mangekyou Sharingan. He had yet to be a master of the Sharingan. He did not train his speed; he figured it was fine where it was at the moment.

Today was one of the days that he would surely remember all his life, the day Konoha became aware of his heritage. It would certainly be worth smiling upon seeing the face of Konoha when becomes aware of his heritage.

The Sandaime looked at Naruto with questioning eyes. Beside him was another man who was a Kage like him, the Yondaime Kazekage. Two men wearing ANBU gear stood behind the Kazekage, they were his body guards. The Kazekage was present as his genins had reached the finals. Sunagakure was the only great village to have participated in the exams aside from Konoha, who are the hosts. It was understandable; the others did not get well with Konoha.

The look the Sandaime was giving Naruto was pushed because Naruto had disappeared from the village for three weeks after turning down Jiraiya. He was curious as to where Naruto had gone to after disappearing. He was positive that Naruto was not inside the village those three weeks. He had his ANBU search for him and the best sensors but none were able to find him. His chakra signature had just disappeared without a trace. And they had not been able to get inside of Naruto's apartment, not even the Byakugan could see through the walls of the apartment. He had wondered how Naruto was able to make a seal that could make the Byakugan's abilities ineffective. From what he had observed, Naruto showed no mastery in Fuinjutsu. He did not have Jiraiya break the seal, seeing that Naruto would surely notice that they had broken into his apartment. He did not wish to unsettle the blond any further.