Chapter 10: Team 7's Test!

Start from the beginning

"The damn kid is a monster, he's strong enough to beat me if I don't fight this correctly. I have to surprise him, or force him to waste time. His taijutsu is bizarre. It seems to be intended to take advantage of people underestimating him, considering he's only a child. Hell, even his taijutsu complements the powers of both that Sharingan and the Kyuubi." Kakashi continued to come up with a strategy, he didn't know if he could take too many hits from the boy.

Kakashi had only moments before a deep, distorted voice roared above "Katon: Goka Messhitsu!"(Fire Style: Majestic Demolisher Flame). A massive stream of flames spewed from Naruto's mouth, forcing Kakashi away. "He'll take out the entire forest like this!" Naruto grinned and leapt straight into the flames, towards Kakashi. Kakashi, blinded by the saturated Katon chakra, attempted to douse the flames. "Suiton: Suijinheki!"(Water Style: Water Formation Wall). Kakashi spewed water from his mouth, attempting to douse the nearby flames. "Graaaaagh!" Naruto flew through the flames, his right hand thrust forward with a Rasengan at the palm, the center a light purple. "This is bad!" thought Kakashi as he leapt to one side, watching Naruto's hand crash into the ground forming a sizable crater. Kakashi's eyes widened and he jumped farther away. "I can't tell if Naruto is really in control or not, I have to try and calm him down!" "Naruto! Stop this! Don't let him win!" Naruto cackled with rage. "You think he's in control? You're wrong, Kakashi. I'm in control!" roared Naruto. Kakashi watched him howl in pain before he fell to the ground, gripping his head in agony. He screamed as the chakra slowly began to recede, falling face first into the ground. His physical features slowly reverted to normal, the nails shortening and dulling, his teeth following suite. Naruto lifted his head slowly, pushing himself up off the ground shakily. He laughed dryly, exhausted. "You...you're lucky I used most of my chakra controlling his before you got here." Naruto laughed again, falling to one knee and breathing heavily. Kakashi walked over to him warily, careful to make sure he wasn't under the fox's control. "Relax, Kakashi, I'm me, always have been. That hatred was only partially his, it's mostly mine at that level." Naruto stood again, a bit steadier. Naruto smirked at Kakashi, then began to walk back to the original clearing. "I could have kept up that form for a bit longer, but oh well. Besides, we already won." Kakashi's eyes widened in shock as his hand flew to his side, feeling nothing but the clothing on his body. He looked back up, seeing Sasuke and Sakura holding a bell each. Kakashi's mouth remained open for a moment, before he quickly shut it and pulled his headband back over his eye. "This...this is going to be hell..." Kakashi thought out loud. Sasuke smirked and Sakura laughed nervously at the answer before the two wandered back to original clearing.

After spending an hour dousing the flames that Naruto had created, Kakashi returned to the clearing to find Sasuke and Sakura holding an actual conversation while Naruto sat up in a nearby tree relaxing. "Oh, Kakashi-sensei! You're back!" Sakura called out, grinning ear-to-ear at him. "Yeah, yeah, I'm back" replied Kakashi with a sigh. "Oi, Naruto." "Hm?" "You're going to stay, the other two can leave but be back tomorrow morning at 9." "Okay Kakashi-sensei, bye guys!" waved Sakura with a smile as she left. Sasuke simply snorted in amusement and walked off after her.

Naruto dropped down from the tree to find Kakashi glaring at him. "Naruto, don't ever do that again. Unless you have Hokage-sama's approval, do not do that again. Do you understand me?" "Yeah, yeah, I overdid it I know. Hey, but I made you take me seriously, didn't I?" Kakashi sighed "Yes, Naruto, you did. Now, be back here at 8, I want to talk to you about some things regarding your family. Also, after training tomorrow, go and talk to Might Gai, he'll help you improve your taijutsu style." Naruto simply nodded and began to walk away before Kakashi finished. "Naruto, I don't want to have to force you to cooperate." "Look, sensei, I understand. It's not like I'm genuinely trying to kill you. I wanted to test my power, what better opportunity than a former-Anbu?" Naruto smirked as he turned back to Kakashi, flashing his Sharingan. "Tomorrow, I'll tell you what you'd like to hear." Kakashi nodded with a sigh of relief, watching Naruto leave the training grounds completely before heading towards the Hokage Tower.

Naruto walked out of the training ground as his other two teammates flanked him as he walked home. "You know, Sakura, you may not be as bad as I thought. Is Sasuke the reason you changed so drastically?" Sakura blushed a little before getting angry at him. "How shallow do you think I am!" "Very." "Oh shut up!" she whined. Sasuke smirked at her and she blushed a little again, turning back forward. "Anyway, what did Kakashi ask you about?" "Essentially, he wants to know everything, which is fair. There are things you need to learn as well, if we are to succeed as a team at least." Sakura nodded, satisfied with that answer before Sasuke snorted. "You're only telling her because you have to." "Good observation Sasuke, perhaps even better than an Anbu." Sasuke simply gave him a dirty look.

"Team 7, lead by Kakashi Hatake, made up of Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke, and Haruno Sakura. I guess it's a start."