33. Flashing Back To New York City

~Calum
September 13, 2012

Being able to travel to New York City had always been something out of our wildest dreams.

Never in a million years did any of us think we would be able to not only come to the state, but play a sold out show as well.

Paige had been walking ahead of the group, camera in hand, taking pictures of everything in sight.

Occasionally she'd walk backwards and take pictures of the group, consequently getting yelled at by locals which I found amusing.

There wasn't much to do before we were needed at the venue so we decided wandering around and sight seeing would be our best bet.

"What if we got matching shirts?" Luke suggests as we enter a part of Times Square that had pop up shops lining the street.

I shake my head, finding the idea entirely stupid. "No fucking way am I getting matching shirts with you three dickheads."

"I think that sounds like fun Luke!" Paige says, her eyes wandering over the plethora of New York merchandise that the shop has to offer.

My heart melts at the pure excitement spilling out from the girl and I just know now that she wants shirts that I'll end up letting my guard down.

I knew I had developed feelings for Paige months into getting to know her. She's so beautiful, smart, caring, and most importantly shares my sense of humor.

Of course, I'd never find the balls to tell her how I really feel. But for now I've settled with the fact that she's my best friend. I know she always will be.

Seeing how happy buying matching t-shirts makes her, ultimately causes me to let my guard down. I'd do anything if it means she will be content.

"What'd you say Cal?" Ashton asks as he practically bounces on the balls of his feet from excitement.

I feel Paige's gaze causing me to instinctively look over at her. A pout expresses on her face, her bottom lip jutting out and her big green eyes holding so much eagerness.

I shift my weight onto my left hip and look back at Ashton,"Fine," I groan. "But Paige gets to pick. I don't trust any of you when it comes to fashion."

"Hey!" Luke whines, clearly offended by my remark. "I like my fashion."

Michael bursts out laughing at the blonde, pouting boy, "Luke, you're wearing flip flops with your skinny jeans."

Michaels dispute causes Ashton to double over in laughter, both of us raising a hand to our mouths in order to suppress it.

Luke's jaw drops to the floor "They're comfortable!"

"And ugl—" Michael begins to insult him only to be stopped by a very disappointed Paige.

"Guys stop it! I'm trying to focus on picking out the best shirt." She shakes her head, eyebrows furrowed meaning she is dead serious about this.

The five of us silently look around the shop, deep down knowing that no matter what we want we'll let Paige pick whatever shirts we all have to get.

After ten minutes Paige approaches us with five white t-shirts that all read, "I love New York" as stupid and basic as it is we all comply and pay for the shirts.

A large souvenir bag—that Ashton takes the liberty of carrying—is handed to him as we leave the shop. The four of us take three steps at most when we're stopped by an unhappy looking Paige who turns around.

"Why aren't you putting your shirts on?" She asks, camera ready in hand showing us that she wanted to take pictures.

None of us argue despite the fact that I don't want to wear matching shirts with my three other band mates, especially because it'll make us look like an annoying family at Disneyland.

We stand to the side and put the shirts on over our clothes, the four of them seeming to be on a much higher level of excitement than I am about this.

"Okay, stand together and smile!" Paige says, standing in front of us with her eye pressed to the viewfinder and the other squinted shut.

She snaps a couple before releasing the camera and letting it hang around her neck, signaling that we can relax from our poses.

The boys begin walking again, eager to see everything there is in New York before our show tonight. Paige walks close behind them, her head tilted upwards in complete admiration for the city she wishes to call home one day.

Paige has always dreamed of moving to New York and becoming a world renowned photographer. She works hard for her craft and I truly believe that one day her dreams will come true.

I try to forget about the butterflies fluttering in my stomach as I reach out and gently grab her arm to get her attention. Slightly startled her eyes widen and I feel her arm tense, only to be relaxed once she realizes it's me.

"Why don't you let me take a picture of you?" I ask, to which her eyebrows furrow. At this point the boys had continued walking giving Paige and I a moment alone. "You know with the city behind you and everything." I clarify nervously.

"Oh!" She says, her smile growing wide as she removes the camera from around her neck and hands it to me, "Sure, I'd love that."

I carefully take the precious camera from the girl, our fingers brushing—leaving a tingling sensation that lingered after her touch was gone.

She stands in a cute pose with her arms behind her back and her blonde hair blowing beautifully in the wind. Her smile sends my heart into a race and I snap a couple photos making a mental note to have them downloaded onto my phone.

I take the camera away from my eye just as Paige asks, "Are they good? Do I look alright?"

The shorter girl walks back up to my side, taking the camera from me to look at the pictures I've just taken.

"You look beautiful, Pae."

A/N
Hi baes! I am so so so sorry that it's taken me so long to update and I'm also really sorry that this chapter is so short (flashback chapters usually will be)

I have so much planned for the rest of this fic which will be about 20 more chapters till the end!

Thank you for baring with me and my crazy schedule. I promise I love you guys and am doing my best to get these written and published :)