18. Something's Broken

~Paige

He left me sobbing alone in the middle of this hotel hallway. I feel as if a piece of me has been taken and torn to shreds, and I have no idea of what to do now.

What just happened? And most importantly, why did it happen?

I'm confused, sad, and I feel completely alone. The one person who understands me when no one else does is the only person who is not understanding me right now, and it hurts like hell.

This argument felt as if we were speaking in different tongues and now we're separated by a bedroom wall, unable to explain myself.

In the midst of my crying, I somehow had sunk to the floor with my back pressed against the wall, my arms are wrapped around my legs to pull them even closer to myself as a source of comfort.

How did I go from being vulnerable about my feelings for Calum to moments later sobbing on the floor because of him? He wouldn't even give me a chance to explain myself, claiming that he'd already heard enough.

I hear things being thrown across the room and Calum's yells of anger from the other side of the door making me jolt in fear, not from fear that he'd ever lay a hand on me, but from fear that he may hurt himself in the process.

He may have hurt me, but I'll always care about him.

I've grown accustomed to the sounds of yelling and furniture being broken because of my parents, but that doesn't mean I'm not numb from it.

Not being able to take hearing this any longer, I do my best to wipe the free falling tears that won't seem to stop, and push myself up from the floor. I'm lightheaded as I do so and press one hand to the wall as I do so for support. My teeth are buzzing and have grown numb from how hard I've been crying these past few minutes.

Weakly, I open the door to my hotel room gaining everyones unwanted attention. Theres no use in hiding my tear stained face that is no doubt red and puffy, for Vanessa is already walking over to me with open arms.

"What happened love?" She says, engulfing me in her arms and pulling me to rest my head on her shoulder. As if my body had been craving for someones hold, I instinctively wrap my arms around her in return.

Unable to respond right away, I allow a few more sobs to escape. My entire body shakes from sadness and exhaustion that I can never catch a fucking break.

"He just doesn't know what he heard." I respond after regaining composure over my breath. The two of us pull apart and I use the sleeve of my shirt to wipe my tears. "I'm just gonna grab something and take a shower." She nods her head and allows me to have some space to do so.

I walk over to the side of the room where Michael, Luke, and Ashton sit. They give me apologetic looks and empathy for what I just went through. I would never make any of them pick between me or Calum, but at the end of the day we're all family and its important to hold your family members accountable.

This whole thing is just one giant misunderstanding. If it were easy, Luke would be able to tell Calum exactly what our conversation was about and that would solve everything. But he can't, because that would mean Luke told Calum I have feelings for him before I tell him first.

The only person who can fix this is us.

Grabbing what I need from my suitcase, I feel their cautious stares on me ready to jump in at any moment in case I need something. As I search through my suitcase for a new set of clothes, my hand is met with the familiar feeling of a plastic vitamin bottle. Time feels as though it freezes, giving me the chance to contemplate my decision.