Chapter 47: Crazy Ideas

Start from the beginning

What the fuck did she dream about to make her this scared?

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

I rub my eyes when the sun glows through the room, my eyes feeling heavier than ever.

I still remember the nightmare, every single detail of it. That happens when you dream about the same thing for three days in a row.

And I know it wasn't real, but it felt so real. The thought of losing another person I love is killing me inside.

I wasn't able to sleep after the nightmare, every time my eyes neared shut I would get reminded of the lifeless body of the love of my life and I can't handle that.

"You're awake," Silas' soft voice speaks, his eyes open meaning that he has been lying awake for a while.

I just want to cry every time I glance at him, he's okay.

"You don't need to tell me about it if you don't want to," He whispers, referring to the nightmare I had. He clearly heard it.

He soothes my hair out of my face, "But I'll be here when you're ready to talk about it," He comforts me and I give him a tiny nod.

I press my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat in order to calm myself down.

"I love you," My voice breaks as I intertwine our hands together, not wanting to let go of him.

He breaths heavily, probably concerned about the way I'm acting, "I love you too." He says back.

Thinking about a life without him makes me want to stop breathing at all.

~ ~ ~

I sit in the kitchen, eating the food on my plate even though I'm not hungry that much.

But Silas and I are doing this together.

I glance multiple times at him to see him eating his food while he's looking at his phone, a smile settling on my face because of that.

"You're staring," He speaks up, bringing me out of my trance as I chuckle, "I was," I remark not denying it.

He shakes his head, trails of laughter fleeing from his mouth as he puts his phone down on the counter.

"You want to cook with me tonight?" Silas questions, propping his elbows upon the table and leaning his head toward me.

Is that even a question?

I smile widely and give him a slight nod, "That sounds great to me." I reply and his brows raise for a split second, a smirk morphing on his lips.

He dips his head closer, pressing his lips against mine before he pulls back.

"I'll be in my office if you need something," He whispers against my lips and I nod. He smiles and turns around, walking out of the kitchen.

I grab my phone out of my pockets, seeing several messages pop up on my screen.

I open the unread messages, examining them.