"PRE DEBUT BLUE HOURS."

Where Nari Overhears Something She Shouldn't Have

BIGHIT DORMITORIES;5IVE'S BEDROOM14:32JANUARY 20TH 2017

BIGHIT DORMITORIES
;5IVE'S BEDROOM
14:32
JANUARY 20TH 2017

bored was a way to say it. bored. bored. bored. that's how nari felt. her schedules were all packed in the morning but once lunch passed she would've had nothing to do until seven p.m when she was meant to meet eunji for vocal practice, and she still had a lot of time to pass.

she pushed herself up off of her desk chair, deciding to shower to cleanse her mind and hopefully come up with something to do whilst in there. she tip-toed past the kitchen, but the mention of her name made herself perk up and rest against the wall connecting their hallway and kitchen. obviously she knew she shouldn't have been listening in, her mother taught her well and she wasn't an idiot, but she couldn't drag herself away when she knew that they were talking about her.

"i wonder what position she'll get once we're asigned them, definetely not a visual," taehyun and soobin snickered at yeonjun's joke.
her heart sank, the beating of it ringing through her mind as she pushed her ear closer, now intrigued by what they really thought of her.
"nari. that one sub-vocalist in a boy group," soobin joked as she could hear the cackle of taehyun and even, beomgyu?
so that confirmed it, no excuses, no exceptions, they WERE talking about nari.
"c'mon guys, she might hear us!" beomgyu hushed before the group burst out laughing seconds later.

tears brimmed the 13-year-old's eyes as she lost all motivation to move. nari wiped her eyes and walked through to the bathroom with all her strength left, setting her towel and spare clothes on the counter, why did it hurt so much? her and taehyun never got along, god they hated eachother! but hearing what the others actually thought of her felt like a stab in the back and slathering hand sanitiser all over the wound.

she turnt the nosil of the shower to the warm side and standing in it bare, her tears along with the water pouring down her face. she washed herself all up, and once she was done she lazily got dressed again, eyes puffy and broken-out skin. she adjusted her belt which tightly hugged her waist, and soon self-conciously wrapped her arms around it aswell, she wasn't even a visual apparently.

 she adjusted her belt which tightly hugged her waist, and soon self-conciously wrapped her arms around it aswell, she wasn't even a visual apparently

"you alright?" yeonjun questioned as nari trudged into the kitchen.
"fine," nari awkwardly replied and picked up a pair of scissors from a drawer, not sparing anyone a glance.
she brushed shoulders with taehyun and instead of making a snarky remark, she looked at him with almost pleading eyes, and silently walked away.
"what's wrong with her?" huening kai asked as nari trudged past him as he walked through the door with new groceries.
the group all shrugged and continued on with what ever they were doing before nari entered.

nari on the other hand, had never felt more alone, except from the time where she was trapped in a hosptial room for like a whole year hooked up to machines, but back to her emo mode. gi was preparing for debut, and was busy working on promotions, hyun-ki and her had just stopped talking after nari moved out and he didn't even really aprove of this career, so he would've done everything in his power to make her leave, and she only really liked eunji in this world, but eunji was only twelve and didn't need to hear her complaints.

so now here she was, reminiscing in her thoughts as her mattress soaked in her rolling tears, again, why was she so offended? maybe because the only decent person in that house who didn't talk bad about her was the male maknae? maybe because she actually started putting trust in soobin, yeonjun and beomgyu, and they only thought of her as a useless child, who's only talent was her singing voice? or maybe it was the fact that she had never felt more insecure in her life after the people who were meant to be like her family shamelessly mocked and humiliated her? what ever it was, it cut a scar deep inside her heart...