⚓️Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ⚓️

⚓️Y/ɴ's ...⚓️

We pull up somewhere in the van.

"Alright," John B says stopping.

"Hit it, boys! We're goin' Recon mission," JJ says as Pope opens the door.

"So, Umm...So umm, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself...tonight," John B says looking at me, I roll my eyes.

"Really?" JJ asks, sounding surprised.

"What?" John B asks confused.

"I just don't wanna spook Sarah with the peanut gallery," John B says.

"Y/n's, we're not involving her, okay?" He says and I sigh leaning back in my seat.

"It's-It's just, uhh, like a-a Business meeting...thing, look once we've got what we need we cut her loose, all right? Plus we need a map," John B says trying to please me.

"Promise me nothing happening between you," I say.

"I'm being serious," I say slightly raising my voice.

"Okay!-"

"This isn't about you, and this isn't about us, this is about her...she's gonna get inside your head, just promise me nothing is happening between you guys," I say looking at him sternly.

"I promise," he says softly.

"That was really believable," JJ says sarcastically.

"A hundred per cent believable," Pope says just as sarcastically.

"Anyway, umm...I'm gonna take care of business," John B says getting ready to leave.

"You're gonna take care of this business so well," JJ says clearly making a face at Pope.

"We'll just sit here in a hot ass car," Kie says annoyed.

"While it's lightning," Pope finishes off, I lie back in my seat as John B leaves.

"Y/n, holding onto your grudges is like drinking poison and thinking Sarah will die," Pope says to me, I roll my eyes.

"Exactly," JJ says.

⚓️⚓️⚓️

"Rafe and Keke followed me-"

"Wait, do you guys hear that? Shhhh," Kie says silencing the boys.

"What?" They both say.

"Please, somebody help," I hear in the distance.

"Oh, wait, no, I hear that," JJ says.

"What the fuck," I mutter as I get out of the van.

We keep running to the voice.

"Sarah, what happened!?" Pope shouts as we make it to her, she's got John B in her arms, he's passed out.

"I don't know what to do, he needs help, Topper shoved him," Sarah says sobbing as she continues to hold him, of course, it was my brother.

"Where the hell is he?" I ask looking around.

"Oh, please, please, please get help, I don't care who, just call somebody," Sarah asks us as she continues to sob.

"Go! Go!" JJ shouts as Pope runs off.

"Pope hurry!" Kie shouts.

⚓️⚓️⚓️

"I'm sorry, you're staying where?" Kie says as John B explains what happened.

"Tanny hill," he replies.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron," I say sorting out some plates, We're at the Wreak.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is that her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if ward didn't-"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope says.

I don't know, Pope," John B says sitting down at the table that JJ and Pope are at.

"What about those golf carts they drive around? Do you get one of those?" JJ asks.

"Does it come with a sweater vest or do you have to buy one yourself?" Pope says as he and JJ say laugh at themselves.

"Look, you promised," I say walking over to everyone, Kie looks at me and smiles, and I weakly smile back.

"You said you weren't with her," I say disappointed.

"Bro, just own it, she got you," JJ says smirking.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine, but I'm letting you know that I'm not doing anything with Sarah," I say making myself clear.

"Do you guys see her here? No, right, okay, a little focus would be fantastic, we've got the map, right?" John B says getting out in front of us, we all look at it.

"It's out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it," JJ says.

"It's because the cost has changed," Kie says.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed," I say looking at it, I can't really see much I recognise though.

"What about the old forts?" John B asks.

"Battery Jasper," Kie says, they all at her.

⚓️⚓️⚓️

"We're in battery, right here, so if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here," Pope says as we look over a bunch of greenery.

"Somewhere over there," Kie says pointing.

"Over there? Guys that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision," JJ says.

"Tannyhill plantation was the entire island, it got sold into smaller pieces over time," John B says.

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall," I say looking at the map with Pope,"