⚓️Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴇʟᴇᴠᴇ⚓️

⚓️Y/ɴ's ...⚓️

"Don't let them get in your head there was three of them and two of us," JJ says playing with some fruit, we're helping Pope out at the shop.

"That's some typical Kook shit right there," I say I say as I help Kie on the tills.

"Hell yeah," Kie says.

"What was your thought process using your head? JJ asks Pope really confused.

"I don't know man, it's kinda like I acted off instinct, look I was a cornered animal," Pope sorted some things out.

"Hey Pope, someone's here to see you?" Popes dad says walking in, then a cop walks in a few seconds after.

"Evening officer," Pope says tensing up.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property," as I feel myself freeze up, this just a bit too close to home.

"What?" I hear Popes dad mumble.

"Hands where I can see 'em, lady, out my way," the cops says but I can't move, I then feel like I'm being pulled and I see JJ pull me to his chest, I guess he understood how felt.

"Wait, Shoupe, what'd he do?" Pope dad asks confused.

"Look at the warrant," the cop says as he starts to put cuffs on Pope.

"I'm sorry you're arresting him?" Kie says really confused.

"You're just arresting my boy?" His dad exclaims really confused.

"Be careful!" I say moving out of JJ arms.

"Shoupe, are you listening?" Pope's dad says.

The cops starts saying all the things they say when they arrest you.

"How much did they pay you, man?!" JJ says as the cop start walking out of the shop with Pope, we all follow.

As we're getting to the car I have an idea, I run in for my of them.

"It wasn't him!" I say and the cop stops in his tracks.

"I-it was-"

"Me!" JJ says standing next to me, that wasn't my idea.

"Him and Y/n tried to talk me out of it, I was mad because he'd just been beaten up, I was so sick of those assholes from Figure-eight that I lost my shit... I can't let you take the blame for something I did, you've got too much to lose," JJ says looking at Pope lovingly.

"JJ, what are you doing?" I slightly whisper at him, he grabs my hand and smiles at me.

"I'm telling the truth, for once in my life, I'm gonna tell the truth," JJ says looking at me smiling.

"I took his old man's boat too," JJ says looking at Pope's dad.

"What the hell-"

"JJ come on!" Pope says, he really doesn't want him to do this, neither do I, I was ready to take the blame.

"Just shut up Pope, just shut up...he's a good kid...you know where I'm from," JJ says.

"Yeah," the cop says looking JJ up and down, it makes my blood boil for some reason.

"This was all me," JJ says and Pope still has a shocked expression.

"That's all true?" The cop says looking at Pope.

"Whole truth, swear to god," JJ says.

"I know what you think, damn it, I'm asking Pope," the cop says looking pissed at JJ.

Pope and JJ look at each other with very strong expressions, I look over at Kie and she looks so confused, I still feel away for not telling her.

"Yeah, that about covers it," Pope says softly looking at JJ like he's about to cry.

The cop then uncuffs Pope and cuffs JJ and pushes him into the car, he then drives off.

"Shit!" Pope says throwing his hat on the floor, and running into the shop.

"Pope!" I shout grabbing his hat and running after him.

⚓️⚓️⚓️

"Y/n! Can you get the door?" Haley shouts from the kitchen, she's sorting some stuff out for the Wreak.

I go downstairs and open the front door, it's Pope.

"Hey Pope, you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine...I came to ask if you wanted to help me and my dad at the midsummer?" He asks nervously.

"Yeah, I'd love too," I say and he nods his head.

"Have you heard from JJ?" Pope asks, even though I would have thought JJ would have talked to him first and not me.

"No I haven't," I say fiddling with my hair.

"I hope he's ok," I add and he nods, I can sense Popes still upset about the whole thing.

"I'll see you tomorrow," pope says, I nod and he walks off.

I shut the door and sigh, I never thought anything like This would have happened coming back here.

"Is every thing ok?" Haley asks walking into the hall.

"Yeah, everything's fine...I'm helping out the Hayward's with the midsummer tomorrow," I say and she nods, I go back up to my room.