⚓️Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ⚓️

Y/ɴ's ...

"Hey, guys so my dad's already going to kill me, so what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope asks as we all sit around a campfire, I'm equally confused.

John B looks over at JJ and does finger guns.

"Might as well tell him before we're gaffed," JJ says messing with some stick.

"You ready for this?" John B says softly.

"Yeah," I say nodding my head.

"So, the gold never went down with the royal merchant," John B says I see Pope roll his eyes.

"Oh, my god, here we go again with this," Pope says clearly annoyed.

"No, alright, wait...hear him out alright," JJ says backing up John B.

"It's been here the whole time," John B says with a smug smile on his face.

He looks around at all of us. "It's on the island," he says smiling at Kie.

"Are you serious...Oh my god!" Kie says excitedly.

"I'd like to voice my scepticism," Pope says clearly still unsure about all this.

"I'm sure you would, pope but can I please present you with my evidence, sir?" John B says standing up.

"Proceed," Pope says rolling his eyes.

"Alright, so in my backpack," he says getting something out of his bag. "I have a letter from Denmark Tanny,"

"Who the hell is that?" I ask interested in what's happening.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck, check this out," John B says handing Kie a letter.

"Okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad, he found the complete manifest, that was his big discovery, so Tanny used the gold from the merchant to buy his freedom," he says, Kie whistles and gives me the letter and I look at it with Pope.

"After that, he bought his farm, drum roll please, because that farm is...Tannyhill plantation," John B says.

"Tannyhill?" Kie asks shocked.

"Yeah, so after that, he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit-ton of rice, which pisses off all the white planters, and then they decided to lynch him," JB says.

"So on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter, he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold," John b says walking around us.

"Where?" Kie whispers at him.

"Harvest the wheat, in parcel nine, near the water, except...there's no wheat, you see, wheat is a code for gold, check this out," John b says pointing something out to Pope. 

"The gold in parcel nine, near the water," he continues.

"Holy shit," Pope mutters.

"All we need is an original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold," John B says putting his arms in the air.

"Okay, so this might have a small chance of being actually true," Pope says as JJ gets up and hugs John B.

"Dude, it's like King Tut," Kie says making me laugh.

"I'm a genius, Woah, fire, where near fire, you're gonna burn," John B says as JJ puts him back down.

"I'm so proud of you right now," JJ says.

"Thank you, that's really sweet of you guys," John b says patting JJ's back.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" I ask.

"Good question, Sarah Cameron's coming tonight, she'll bring an original survey map-"

"Wait!? Hold on, Sarah, Wh-Why Sarah?" I ask confusedly.

"This is gonna be good," JJ mutters.

"Sarah um, she - she got me into the archives in chapel hill yesterday, and that's where I got the letter," John B says.

"You were at Chapel hill with Sarah Cameron?" Kie asks confused.

"Yeah um-"

"He was mackin' on her," JJ says, my mind starts feeling like it's running a hundred miles an hour, I don't know what's happening.

"I wasn't making," John B says trying to save himself.

"You were totally macking Sarah Cameron," JJ says.

"I wasn't macking on her, okay? I was using her for access," John B says looking at me, I can't think straight.

"There was access alright," JJ says smirking to himself, I wish he would shut up.

"Did you tell her about the treasure?" I ask looking at him sternly.

"I was just trying to get into the archives-"

"Is that a yes!?" I say raising my voice.

"I-I left out key details," he says also raising his voice.

"You what! you ley a kook into our secret! what about pouge life? what about the T-shirt company bro?" Kie says sounding a little pissed off.

"I was just using her for information!" John B says

"Why don't I believe you?" I say rolling my eyes.

"I'm trying to make was filthy rich here, okay, so we can pay off the boat, or-or uh...send you to autopsy school to study dead bodies, look you guys know me, do I look like the type of person to fall for Sarah Cameron?" John B says.

"Do you want us to answer that or?" Pope says.

"look, you don't know her yet, I do! you can't trust her!" I say.

"Her brother did hit me in the back with a golf club," Pope says.

"Rafe and Sarah are different human beings," John B says pissing me off.

"What did she do to you exactly?" JJ asks me.

"She's like a - like a spitting Cobra, first she - she blinds you, and then-"

"This is a bad analogy," Pope says confused.

"Listen to me! Whatever we get, she's gonna try and take, in one way or another," I say trying to reason with them.