09: The Look In His Eyes

ابدأ من البداية

Jihyuck quickly shook her head. "I actually—" wait Donghyuck can't know that I felt comfortable in his room, on his bed. He'll make me look weird. "I don't mind," she forced a smile that came out awkward.

"Really? That's glad to hear," Mrs. Lee released a sigh of relief. "Oh, Hyuck, can you accompany Donghyuck? I asked him to buy things at the grocery store."

Her mouth parted against her will. "Huh?"

"Mom, I can go alone," Donghyuck tugged the older's arm.

Completely ignoring her son's existence, she raised her brows at the girl. "Can you?"

Jihyuck forced a laugh. She stood up and went to the bedside table to pick up her phone and purse with a hesitant heart.

You can do this, Hyuck.

She didn't have the heart to disappoint Mrs. Lee. She was so nice to her, even nicer than she was to her son. How could she say no?

"Anything for you, mother," Jihyuck heard Donghyuck snorted. "Shall we, Donghyuck?"

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

As soon as they arrived, a small argument occurred. Donghyuck insisted on taking a basket but Jihyuck said a cart would be better since they had quite a long list of what to get.

Donghyuck started to think his mother was doing this on purpose. He knew his mother and she probably hoped he was something more with Jihyuck.

"See, we are only halfway down the list and the cart is almost full. Imagine if we take the damn baskets? Can you lift them all?" Jihyuck rolled her eyes as they walked through the pavement.

Much to her bewilderment, Donghyuck did not say anything like he always did. She halted her steps and turned around only to catch Donghyuck staring at her back.

"What now, Donghyuck?"

The boy continued to frown as if he was thinking over something so important.

"Is there something on my—" her words died as panic suddenly swept her when Donghyuck let go of the cart and walked towards her. "W-what are you..."

Without preamble, he slightly leaned down causing Jihyuck to stiffen at her spot. A shiver ran down her spine. "Donghyuck," she said but it came out very slow and weak.

"Did you use my shampoo?"

Jihyuck's face contorted with a perplexed look. "What?"

"Did you use my shampoo, Jihyuck?" Donghyuck asked again. He took a step back and crossed his arms on his chest.

"I did?"

He knew it. He began to smell the familiar scent since Jihyuck sat beside him in the passenger seat. At times, when the air conditioner hit her long jet black hair, the scent became prominent.

She heard his tongue click. "Why—you didn't even ask for my permission!"

"Are you being serious right now?"

"I'm not a comedian."

"I think you're funny," Jihyuck spat out.