|| 98.5 || Overprotective 🥀 O/F

Start from the beginning

"Human," She hissed between jagged teeth. "Release me,".

"No can do, because if you don't kill me, EnMa will," You replied flatly, holding on to the leash a little tighter. You doubted you could compete with Gawr's strength, but it gave you a little stress relief, like one of those stress balls.

Gawr huffed, eyes narrowing dangerously.

"Do you know who I am? Do you know what I could do to you?" She sneered. You tried your hardest to keep cool, just reminding you of the various times you had almost died by the hands of the other talents. 'It's like that time C-Chan almost crushed you with her tail, only with a murderous Atlantean' You repeated in your head.

"Not until I read this folio," You smiled awkwardly. Perhaps it was your relatively laid back attitude, or maybe Gawr just got bored, either way she finally stood back and gave you a moment of peace. You took this moment to skim through the folder.

Something about Ina trying to help Gura with her feral instincts? The priestess had managed to separate those feelings, but they had to go somewhere, and they ended up manifesting into Gawr? You peaked over the top of the dossier, only to find the aforementioned shark trying to get at the fish in the nearby fish tank.

'Seems about right' You returned to reading. Some important stuff, don't let Gawr have raw meat., Don't take the muzzle off unless you want to be mauled to death, keep her in sight at all times and don't let her wander off.

'I can do this... Sure, maybe writing my reports are gonna be a little more tedious but...' You sighed almost inaudibly, watching Gawr bash her muzzle against the glass. 'I better be getting paid extra for this'.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"This is where you work?" Gawr huffed, eyeing off your cubicle. Her crimson eyes came to rest on a picture of you and Jenma posing with the rest of Myth. Specifically, she seemed to fixate on Gura, eyes glinting darkly. She muttered something under her breath, something you didn't bother asking for clarification.

"Yeah, it is. And it's where the two of us are gonna be staying for the next few hours, so make yourself comfortable," You slouched into your chair, tying the end of the lead around the arm of your chair. You were all too aware that Gawr was glaring holes into your back, just standing there. You had no idea what she was thinking, and you really didn't want to know.

As soon as your fingers came to rest on your keyboard, a certain someone expertly clambered on to your lap. Her claws painfully dug into your thighs and her knees dug into your lap, but ultimately Gawr curled up, her tail hanging over your right arm.

"You may proceed," She announced, resting her head on your left arm. "Also, can I get a pillow? Either that or take the muzzle off," She gave you a look, but it didn't seem all that hateful.

"Well, I kind of need my arms to do either of those things, but I should have a pillow somewhere in here," Gawr narrowed her eyes, mulling over her own thoughts. Evidentially, she came to her own conclusion. Instead, she sat up, tucking her legs underneath herself as her tail carefully curled around the two of you. To finish her new resting spot, she let her head land somewhat painfully in the crook of your neck, the metal cage of her muzzle freezing against your skin.

"Comfortable?" Gawr shuffled somewhat, like she was testing how truly comfortable she was.

"You are... an acceptable spot to rest," She finally settled on. You just let out a sigh of relief, hoping her comfort held up because you had a shit-tonne of reports to go through and you were running on a single cup of coffee and of course the lunch... that you didn't get to eat.