30

Nadya (l/n); the woman that started this all.

She was exceptionally bright; however, her family was very poor. Couldn't afford to send her to university. She couldn't get her degree. She was jobless for a very long time, opting for small repairs and shitty gigs just so she could put food on the table. So, when she was offered a job by the Syndicate 350 years ago to help build the simulacrum, she couldn't say no.

She was one of the few that received credit for the simulacrum project. Thus, she had the opportunities that came with it. She started her own company within Hammond Robotics; she designed new guns, new robots, new biological weapons. She was fulfilled.

When she died at the age of 54 from an 'unknown illness', in her will she stated that the company would fall to her eldest daughter and when she died, it would be passed to her eldest daughter.

Over the years, the women in our family were met with great fortune... but also great despair. Loosing children, fighting in wars, domestic violence... It turned them bitter, cruel. The cruelty was passed down. The need to succeed was passed down. And here we are. My mother, a perfect mix of everything they wanted. Strength, wisdom, ambition... the ability to do what must be done.

I wasn't what they wanted. I'm sure they looked down upon me and felt a twinge of disappointment. I didn't feel like a (l/n), not at all.

I walked down the hallway, the sun had set now, and I was finally allowed to see Johnny. My mother refused to walk me to his room, instead giving me the directions. This place was like a maze. Every twist and turn led you to a new unfamiliar area. I didn't remember it being like this.

After almost ten minutes of searching, I found what appeared to be his room. She told me there was a charm hanging by his door to ward off evil spirits, its strange... my mother had never been spiritual before. I debated on whether or not I should knock. My hand hesitated over the metal door. I paused, listening. I heard nothing. Was this a bad sign?

I sighed before banging my knuckles against the door. Silence. I tried again... more silence. Shit.

"Johnny!" I yelled, banging my fist against the door. The heavy metal caused my hand to ache. "Johnny! You in there?!"

"Wrong room love." Someone said, I jumped. I hadn't heard their footsteps. I spun around, it was a man in a soldier's uniform, he offered me a smile. "Madera's become so paranoid, she messed around with her house. Added new hallways, rooms... its very confusing; you'll get used to it though."

"Like hell I will." I said, jutting my chin in the air. "I'm getting my son and I'm fucking leaving this hell hole."

"Oh has she not-"

"No, no, she has. She tried to tell me that I wasn't leaving but its bullshit. I... I can't stay here. Noxus isn't my home." He sighed and looked down at the ground.

"I'll take you to your boy's room... why did you even come if you were just going to leave?"

"Because I want to be with my son"

"But you sent him here by himself... so he can live a better life..." He cocked one eyebrow.

"But he's dying."

"He is?" The man exhaled sharply. "First I'm hearing of it."

My world shattered with that one sentence. Here I stood on a planet I swore I would never associate myself with all because my son was dying... allegedly. I fell for it.

"He... hes not dying?" The man shrugged.

"No doctors have been in the building since he arrived. Johnny hasn't left his room either... Madera would've had fifty soldiers guarding his room if he was dying but none of us have received word. So, Im guessing that he's alright...Oh man, she lied to you, huh?" His tone wasn't condescending, it was empathetic. His hard eyes melted; his mouth down turned.