Chapter 5 - Bad Bishop

Start from the beginning

The classes were in a competition with each other, so there would need to be some kind of special tests in store for us, which meant that fights between our classes would break out. It was impossible to know what sort of exams would be held, but I was sure that they would differ from the ones a normal school would take, or this whole system wouldn't make any sense.

Since the classes were already ranked as soon as we students got here, there was no way for a lower class to fight their way up without the use of other exams aside from written ones, which I will call special exams for now. For example, if the class standing was calculated by academics and behavior alone, then we wouldn't have any chance to overcome the hurdle called Class B.

Besides that, the placements in the classes seemed balanced. Meaning someone like Kouenji, no matter how big his narcissism was, shouldn't have been placed in Class D due to his other abilities. The same went for someone like Yamauchi, however. There was not a single good quality about him, yet he made it into an elite school for the students that will supposedly lead japan into the future.

If my guess was right, there should be a written mock exam rather soon. This would lead the class to remember that they were not on a holiday. Due to the way this school was structured, most of my classmates forgot that a school wasn't supposed to be fun and games.

This mock exam will presumably be held near the end of April.

Come May, the next bomb would be dropped on this class, or rather, the whole school year. Since it was impossible that we would receive all of our points, the students would have questions. This would be the case in all classes, no matter how hard they tried, so the teachers wouldn't have any excuse not to answer them. Because of this, the school's true colors would be revealed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were to reveal the results of our mock exam around this time to increase the psychological impact on the students. We will probably be informed that the students who hadn't passed the exam would have been expelled if it were a real one, which would place even more emphasis on the gravity of their situation.

The mock exam would appear as a blessing from the heavens after all those bad news and prompt them to work harder for their place in this school, since the one who had failed would have one last chance to get a grip and better themselves. After these warnings, there was still enough time to fix their grades until the real exam, even in severe cases. Said exam would follow around the end of the semester, as per usual.

This was to weed out everyone who wasn't able to prove their worth. A preliminary round, so to speak.

At the same time as our points will be revealed, doubts are going to appear in the students' minds.

'How do we get to catch up to the other classes?', 'How are we earning points to buy food and necessities?'

The answer to those questions would be the special exams, which will probably reward large amounts of points for the winning classes. These events would close the circle that would repeat for our three years at this school, which was the only way that this school's system could be explained.

A competition between the four classes on who would come out on top.

So far, I was confident in my theory. This meant that I needed to make sure that all my pieces would stay intact until after the written exam near the end of the semester. At the moment, one of my pieces was weakened, and I had to get it back in line before anything big happened.

♙♘♗♖♕♔ 🄲🅷🄴🅲🄺🅼🄰🆃🄴 ♚♛♜♝♞♟