ENGAGEMENT SAGA

29

Ramadan; Day nineteen

Yasmin sat on a swing decorated with flowers—roses and lilacs. She was swinging gently and scrolling through her blog. Abubakar stood in front of her waiting for her to respond.

"What were you saying?" Yasmin said to Abubakar as her pet monkey jumped on her leg, "stop Preet, you'll ruin my fingers, don't be a bad monkey!" Yasmin scolded.

"Yasmin, are you sure you want all these?" Abubakar asked.

"Sure, let the engagement happen, I'll look flawless, and I forgive you for what happened yesterday." Yasmin said as she was still scrolling through her blog—not giving him the attention he deserved.

Abubakar sat on the swing and he stop it from swinging, "are you sure all you want is an arranged marriage?" Prince Abubakar asked in merely whispers and Yasmin scoffed.

"Abu, I love you and you love me, so this is not an arranged marriage, right?" Yasmin said as she cupped Prince Abubakar's cheeks.

"I love you Yasmin, but I don't know, your love is decreasing in my heart!" Prince Abubakar answered sincerely.

"I appreciate your sincerity, but Abubakar, our love will blossom like wild flowers, Don't worry Abubakar, you'll never regret marrying me, you're my childhood sweetheart, I love you Abubakar." Yasmin said firmly and Abubakar sighed deeply.  "Are you sure? I don't wanna hurt you."

"I'm sure, let the engagement go on,  love."

Since the paparazzi were spreading fake news, Fazza thought the only solution was to make the engagement early—if he was engaged to Yasmin, he'll have no choice.

* * * *

"Hang those flowers high, move it to the other side, how is the interior? Yeah it is perfect that way." Uthman said with a smile—happy the Prince will soon be out of the picture. If Prince Abubakar and Yasmin get married, Zarah would have no choice than accept his proposal.

"Prince Abubakar, you are not dress yet? Today is your engagement." Uthman reminded him as he ushered the him to his room.

"Stop it, I want you to help me with something." Abubakar interjected

"What is that? I'll do anything for you your Highness." Uthman bowed,

"Cancel Mrs Rahman's Appointment with me today, she should have her first day off today."  Abubakar said.

"I'll do that," Uthman said and Abubakar patted his shoulder like a big brother, before walking inside his room.

"Stupid," Uthman dust his shoulder, "salaam Mr. Dale Yahaya, The Prince want an urgent meeting with Mrs Rahman, can you get her here please, as soon as possible!" Uthman said through a phone call. "Now, let the game begin."

The whole ball room was decorated with geodesic ceilings, the ball room is a big, wide, circular room. Garland of flowers hanging from the ceiling to the floor, beautiful mats were all spread around the big round room—making the ball room looked like a billion dollars threw on up in it. Tray of fruits, and also different type of foods were served, it was like a feast, like an Arabian night ceremony, it's low-key and also expensive, I guess Yasmin would make a perfect event planner, or a home planner.

The door bell rang for like thousand  times, Zarah was hiding something, she was hiding a slice of pizza, she had been eating, eating? She should be fasting, it was not iftar yet.

Yeah, it that time of the months for ladies.

Safeenah walked to the door and opened the door, Dale walked in majestically, he had a sad look on his face. "Salaam." Dale said, 

"Ummi uncle dale is here!" Safeenah called as she hugged Dale's legs.

Zarah came out of her hotel room, dressed in her rosy flowing gala gown, with a big wide violet veil and her red with rose satin niqab, she was dressed to kill.

Or dressed to Impress.

"I am ready," she said. Dale avoided eye contact with her, he walked out and Zarah kissed Safeenah goodbye before going out too.

They were in the same elevator, they were both silent, and the silence was awkward. "I'm sorry... For what I said yesterday," Dale said all of a sudden, where was all of these coming from?

"Don't be, it isgood to express one's feelings, you should never convert to Islam just because of a woman, convert because of the love you've found in it, because that woman you love will die, but Allah will be there for you, thank you for letting me know I was loved by someone, I love you too Dale but not as a thing, but as a brother." Zarah said intelligently,

Dale smiled and the elevator arrived at it's destination, They both walked to the blue Tesla, Zarah was happy, little did she know that trouble was knocking—trouble will find her no matter where she hid.

The groom came out dressed in all white, white robe and also white with golden touched kimono—an expensive kimono, his turban was like a crown on him. Yasmin sat in the middle dressed like Jasmine from the Disney movie 'Aladdin'.

But now the halal version of her.

"Abubakar smile," Fazza mouthed to Abubakar and he forced out a weird smile. The thought racing in his mind was eloping, he couldn't stop thinking about Zarah, for once in his life, he found someone who loved him for who he was, not because of his fame, Zarah wasn't a gold digger, she was just like his late girlfriend.

Yasmin never liked Ayeesha, Abubakar's late girlfriend, she was super happy when she died.

He didn't pay attention to all the events, "Now that the dowry has been paid, you are now couples." The Ustadh said the rite to join them together.

The crowd roared in cheers and happiness.

"Are you happy?" Yasmin asked,

"What do you think?" Abubakar said as he continue avoiding eye contact with Yasmin's dad.

The ballroom's door opened and Zarah entered with a smile but it was instantly turned into sadness, she saw the Prince sitting with Yasmin, she knew it was an engagement or a marriage related ceremony. Zarah turned and walked out of the ballroom, heart broken, as she walked out she mistakenly bumped on a buffet and the tray fell on the tiled ground, it made a sound that made the Prince turn, as he turned he saw Zarah walking out—even though he didn't see her face, he knew she was furious, he intended to stand, but if he do that, his father would know he like Zarah and he had been lying to him. He stayed still and wait for the event to end.

Uthman followed Zarah out, Zarah was sitting at the iftar point, crying.

Why was she crying? The Prince didn't promise her any marriage and he haven't proposed, he didn't even profess his feelings, Did he?

"It was wrong to invite you, why would he, he is just a playboy billionaire Prince!" Uthman said gently.

"I know I'm stupid, he didn't even ask me out." Zarah said and she remembered what the prince said to her. 'Because I love you!'

She burst into tears, "why am I stupid? Why did I fall for his tricks? Just to humiliate me, why did I allow another devil sent gift to break my heart?" Zarah asked herself hypothetical questions as she sobbed loudly, she didn't know what was happening but she needed to hug someone—she hugged Uthman and cried out her heart.

"There, there." Uthman said with a smile.

 Author's note

Zarah was so stupid to think the Prince would marry her when he hadn't even ask her out, she lost two chances. A chance to reunite with her billionaire ex-husband, and a chance to be loved by a gentleman. All these things Zarah sacrificed for the Prince, are they worth it?