•••

"Over here!"

Soyun smiled back when she could see Sana waving at her from one table for two, which from afar looked like it was for more with the number of work materials she brought along.

"I guess you've been this busy. You should put these aside though." she said, moving the papers to place them on a chair that she just dragged from an empty table beside theirs. One of the pile was a list of staffs from Lotte Hotel Seoul. "Let's go, we should order now."

Sana got up with her but asked curiously, "I guess everyone else on your side is busy too?"

"Does it make you feel like we're slacking off together?" she giggled.

"Yep, and I don't mind!" the woman admitted and casually wrapped her arms around Soyun's shoulder as they made way to the counter. "You're paying right? You asked me out, so you gotta be the one paying —"

"Yeah, I am. Although you're older than me, I guess." she let out a long sigh as they were taking a look at the menu together.

Sana pointed at the food she wanted, "If I was a grandma, would you make me pay for you? That's mean."

"If I was a teenager, would you make me pay for you? That's not how a good senior should be like —" Soyun hummed, then stared at her unnie knowingly as she ordered, "— except you actually made me. Twice."

"Eh, I did?" she avoided her gaze playfully, pulling back her arms but jumped again, "Yogurt smoothie!"

She respected her seniors anyway and despite the age gap, they were friends.

"Uhm, add that." she told the cashier and looked at the desserts menu, "Maybe I should get some too."

Her eyes stayed on the mint chocolate ice cream for three long seconds. She could get one for Jungkook but it would probably melt within the hours before she'd go back to the condominium since she was going to continue researching after dinner. Maybe she could get him it later.

Soyun and Sana ate at their table normally, enjoying the peace when they could have a reason to procrastinate on their investigation a little. They'd laugh for no reason whenever their eyes met while eating though. They finished their main food in a few minutes, now eating their desserts slowly on purpose.

"Thanks for getting me mint chocolate ice cream too, Soyun-ah! This is one of the reasons why I love you, really."

"Right, because Namjoon would've side-eyed with his judging look if he saw us ordering these ice creams twice." she hummed, then jokingly laughed, "He'd say 'toothpaste'."

"Then he goes on to eat pineapples on pizza." nodded Sana, brows furrowing grudgingly.

"Right?" Soyun swallowed her ice cream and stuttered for a moment when her brain felt like freezing, "Right. But honestly, I can respect everyone's taste in food. We just have different tastes."

"Same, same. I guess. I'm just adding that so I don't look bitter. I'm genuinely not bitter, of course. Pftt." she grinned and playfully rolled her eyes, "At least I'm not like the mint chocolate haters. I won't judge if you turn down the boss for that though — oh dear, are you okay?"

"Uhm, y-yeah." it was just that she almost choked on her dessert as Sana brought up another topic, the topic being her mentor whom everyone in their circle quietly knew had feelings for her, "You know, actually..." Soyun felt her friend intently staring at her, "I turned him down —" she cut in without delay to clarify when she gasped, "But! Of course not because of something like that."