Chapter 39 - poor matt

*RICKY POV*

I walk in the hospital room to see my ex-girlfriend smile as I come in. "Ricky!" She said, holding out her arms. She had a bandage on her head.

"Uh...hey Neeners...how ya feeling?"

"My head hurts baby...can you kiss it?" Wait what? I'm not saying this is not what I want, but what's happening to her? She was loopy. I don't understand. I gave a confused look to Nini's moms and they nodded. I hesitantly and gently kissed her head.

"All better?"

"All better. Can you stay with me Ricky? I need my boyfriend here." WHAT Boyfriend? We just decided earlier today to be friends. She wanted Matt. I am so confused. Happy? Kinda. But confused? Yes.

"Neen...I'm not-" Her moms looked at me, and called me over to talk to them. "What's happening?" I asked.

Dana sniffled, "she forgot some things...she fainted and had trauma on her head. We're supposed to just go along with it."

"So I'm just supposed to act like her boyfriend when Matt is literally crying out there? I don't think I can-"

"You have to Ricky..." Carol said.

"Okay...when will she remember?"

"We don't know...hopefully soon." Gosh. I felt terrible for Matt. Even though I wanted this, I knew I shouldn't.

"Can I-can I go real quick? I'll be right back."

"Okay." Nini's moms said.

I walked out of the room as I overheard a, "RICKYY. Babeeee. Come backkkk. Where's Ricky going??"

"Matt...can I talk to you?" He nodded and we walked away from my friends a little.

"I'm Ricky.." I shook his hand. I frowned at his tear-stained face.

He nodded again. "Matt." obviously trying to hide the tears.

"So...this is pretty intense?"

"Yeah. I should've-I should've"

"-dude don't blame yourself. It's not your fault..."

"I know...I just...don't know what to do. We were fake dating before an-"

"What?" They were fake dating? Why?

"Yeah, and we both had feelings for each other while we were fake dating. It was to 'make our exes jealous' and we had a fight. Then we made up...and we wanted to date for real. She was fine...but she just...fainted. I just- I don't think I can live without her...before we even 'fake-dated' she was my best friend. She is my best friend." I frowned as he shook and cried silently.

I hugged him, "it's going to be okay..."

"What if it isn't though? What if she never remembers me?"

"Matt...just take a deep breath. She'll remember you."