Chapter 36 || Two steps away

Beginne am Anfang

"I'm fine, Thakuma. Rudra said that's how he calls you. How are the both of you", Ruthira asked. "We are very well", Rudra's grandfather answered. "I'll go join the guys, y'all have fun", he left.

Thakuma sat beside Ruthira, "how old are you"? "28, Thakuma". "You look so young", she gasped. Ruthira chuckled, "people think I'm 18". "You really do", she laughed.

"Didi, what name should I add", the henna artist asked. "Didi, add Rudra", Yeshna chirped, carrying a grumpy Butter.

"Yeshna, why did you bring him here? He might run around, messing things up", Maitra said. "He was the one whining, 'Aaluu, Aaluu'. He kept crying", Yeshna made faces.

"It's okay, place him here", Ruthira signaled the space beside. "Aaluu, I wob uh", Butter whined, placing his head on Ruthira's lap. "By the way, how much is it", Yeshna pointed to Butter's branded sweater.

"Uh about 13k", Ruthira chuckled nervously. "You did not just spend 13k for a sweater", Maitra was shocked.

"It was his birthday gift", Ruthira tried handling it. "His birthday is two months away", Maitra sternly said. "Now I know why this dog prefers her over me. She keeps pampering him", Yeshna pushed Butter's head playfully.

"Don't call him a dog, he's my baby. I don't mind spending all the money I have for him", Ruthira gave kisses on his head.

Before anyone could say anything there was a voice, "KAKI"! Nilav ran and hugged her legs. "How are you, Nilav", she asked in a baby voice. "I'm good", he gave her a goody smile.

"Here, Kaka was saying you might be hungry", he gave her a piece of chocolate. "Here take it". "My hands are not free", Ruthira pouted. "It's okay", Nilav said, extending his hand to feed her.

"Thank you, kanna", Ruthira ate the chocolate. Nilav blushed and hid behind his mom. He tapped Ayushi's leg and whispered, "she called me kanna". Everyone laughed at his antics.

4 hours later

Ruthira fell asleep halfway inbetween the mehendi process. Brinda fed her the food awhile ago when she started drying her legs and hands.

"Inta payanukku dhan numma Aaruvey katti vaikuringala", Vani nudged Brinda. "Ma", Ruben voiced out. "Yen, inta payanukku enna kuraichel", Brinda was offended.
(You are getting Aaru married to this guy)
(Why, what's wrong with this boy)

"Na onnumey sollulaiye! Summa ketta", Vani sarcastically answered. "Kalyana veedukku vanthu, inta maathiri ellam pesa theva illa", Brinda's words made Vani scoff and walk away.
(I didn't say anything! I just asked)
(There's no need to speak like this in a wedding house)

Maitra had noticed the tension between the two of them. She did not understand what was being said but she knew what probably happened. Another Malini, Maitra thought as she made her way towards Ruthira and Brinda.

Ruthira yawned as she looked around her surrounding. All the women had gotten their henna. "Oh, it's dried", she looked at her hands.

"Come, let's greet the guest off and we can head to bed. We need alot of energy to dance tomorrow", Maitra said. "Ahh finally! I'm so tired from sitting in the same position", Ruthira whined.

"Where's Butter", she asked when she could not find him anywhere. "He fell asleep too, so I put him inside", Rudra interrupted the ladies.

"Wow, I didn't get to see you the whole evening. You are gorgeous", Rudra caressed Ruthira's cheek. Brinda and Maitra smiled seeing them.

"Mothers, please help us take photos", he gave his phone to both of them. They clicked some pictures before going back to send off Ruthira's relatives, who were going to be staying at Ruthira's house together with Mohanraj, Adhi and Aran.