A Mystery

This part is taking place at the time Scott was at the meeting! I also might take a break soon, I don't wanna overwork myself! So instead of publishing the next part in 2 days, expect it in 4!!

700 READS?? GUYS WTF-

-

"Who even gave you that cape?" My father joked, we were eating breakfast at the dining table.

(Just so you guy's know, he isn't wearing the cape but his father saw him in it the night before.)

"Just one of my friends, nothing to worry about!" As I finished up my food, Scott flushed into my mind. Okay, there was no way I didn't have a crush on him at this point. I'm not straight.

-

"Come on, just tell him! It's obvious he likes you back!" Lizzie was starting to convince me. I loved him, but I still don't know if he loves me. Is it really obvious? Am I just blind? I am, aren't I. What will my father think anyway?

"Is it really that obvious?" I laughed, looking over to see a small owl sitting on the window.

"It really is, Jimmy." Lizzie sat down on my bed, watching as a grabbed the letter from the owl.

I smiled as I read it, knowing Scott actually wanted to learn more about me.

"Oooo, you guys are gonna go on a date!" Lizzie said teasingly after sneaking up behind me.

"Lizzie! It's nothing romantic! Chill out!" I quickly grabbed my pen and paper, starting to write back.

"Dear Smajor,

I was thinking somewhere in Mezalea, I already know Joel will be okay with it. And how about tomorrow evening? If not, what's a good time for you?"

As I rolled up the letter, I watched Lizzie's face light up.

"Mezalea?! That means I can spy on you guys!" Lizzie said jokingly.

(Guys it's 6 am, I have to post this today, why am I like this 😭)

"Lizzie!" I laughed again, hoping she doesn't actually do that.

"Well, I hope you guys have fun on your date! I should probably get going now, I have to get to that meeting!" Lizzie was walking towards the door, waving to me.

-

I was out gathering some firewood in a nearby forest. It was quite calm. The sun just starting to set, wind blowing gently, it was amazing. I was wearing the cape Scott had gave me. It was kinda comforting for some reason. It was starting to get late, and I was deep into the forest at this point. I wasn't necessarily lost, but it might take me a while to get back home.

I decided to go a bit further, finding a beautiful place. It was a small patch of land surrounded in trees. There was leaves covering the sky, leaving quite a bit of shade. There was quite a few plants, some of which I've never seen before. One was giving off a gentle glow. (*Cough cough* 👀) It was a small mushroom, about the size of my palm. I looked around, noticing this was the only one like it. I picked it up carefully, noticing how it glowed even more in my hand.

"Maybe I should bring this to Shrub,, she knows a lot about mushrooms, right?" I muttered to myself, still looking at the somewhat mesmerizing mushroom in my hand. The light it gave off was warm, comforting, beautiful, it must mean something!

I started my walk out of the forest after that, having everything I needed already. I only came here for wood, and I'm leaving with a possibly magical mushroom? It felt like I wasn't meant to find it. It seemed so hidden, deep in the forest, the only one of it's kind. Well, I don't actually know if it's the only one, but I haven't seen anything like this before.

-

"Shrub! Hi!" I ran over, seeing her feeding her mooshrooms.

"Jimmy? It's unusual for you to be visiting this late,, and are you wearing Scott's cape?" She turned to face me, looking quite confused.

"Yeah, I know, but I found something! I thought you might know something about it?" I chose to ignore the second part of her question.

"Oo! What is it?" Her face lit up a bit, seeming excited.

"I found this in the forest, I've never seen anything like it before, do you know what it is?" I pulled the mushroom out of my pocket, handing it to Shrub.

"Hmmm,," I noticed how to glow faded a bit when she held it.

-

HAH IM CUTTING IT OFF THERE LOSERS. I'm actually just too tired to finish this, and I have to post it, so cliffhanger. This chapters only like 700 words as well, I've been procrastinating a bit, that's why I'm gonna take a break! Also, is anyone else like super excited for the heartstopper show to come out?? I need more heartstopper friends 😭 okay that's it, ily! Thanks for reading!