Confusion

5, November 1849

Klaus had been trying to get a chance to meet with the werewolves for days now with no success. 

It was frustrating, to say the least, that he could not get a moment to speak with them and make a deal.

His gaze caught on Damon Salvatore; the boy had certainly piqued his curiosity when he had first arrived. Damon was out helping care for the horses and seemed to be doing an excellent job of it too.

A smirk graced his face as he saw the boy climb over the postings and release the horses into the field.

He reminded him so much of how Henrik was when he was young. Damon sat on the posts, a smile lighting up his face as he watched horses romp throughout the pasture. Klaus moved forward to join him when he was suddenly, filled with a cold fury.

 Giuseppe Salvatore had yanked Damon off the post from behind, resulting in the boy slamming into the ground.

Klaus's eyes narrowed as he watched the pair from a distance. Perhaps, this was a one-off but, all Klaus knew was that he would be watching closely from now on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damon stared at the pendant that hung around his neck in the mirror. So many questions hung around this one piece of jewelry.

Questions, that he did not have the answers to but, was now searching to find. He had been thinking about where it had come from for days but, he could honestly not remember where he had gotten it. 

More questions had been brought to his attention once he had noticed the inscription on the back of it.

Always and Forever: N.K.M. He didn't know who that was, and he had been pouring through old contacts since he had seen it. No one had fit the criteria when he had looked into it.

Dropping the pendant back around his chest, he headed back downstairs to meet the others. 

With Rose and Trevor gone and Elijah dead, they were all hoping that Klaus wouldn't know where to find Damon and Elena.

As soon as he hit the landing, he felt apprehension fill him, he so did not want to deal with the stupid teen drama today. "Damon, thanks for finally showing up. Could you have gone any slower?" Stefan gazed at his brother heatedly as held Elena tightly in his arms. 

"Well, Stefan since we are so sure that no one knows where Elena and I are, why does it matter how quickly I got here?" Damon bit back as he got himself a glass of bourbon.

"Well, how about we just give Damon to Klaus when he gets here? Maybe, he'll leave Elena alone once, he gets the other person he wants." Bonnie smirked gazing at him as if he was nothing more than bait.

"Not funny Bonnie." Alaric said sharply as he stood by Damon's side. Damon stared at the group sitting before him and felt his stomach churn. None of them knew what Klaus wanted with him yet, here they were saying he should offer himself up as cannon fodder to him. 

Bonnie was saying that at least and no one besides Alaric seemed to be against the idea.

At the very least he had thought Stefan would veto the idea. "Better him than Elena." Caroline muttered softly under her breath. She flinched as Damon turned to glare at her and Bonnie. 

Clearing his throat Stefan gave a look to the other people in the room, clearly telling them to drop it.

"Damon, did you find out anything useful about your pendant?" Stefan questioned sharply.