GIVE ME ALL YOUR YOUTH

Start from the beginning

"So much to learn Zarah, I warned you we shouldn't get married at young age, in marriage you've got to endure," Yusuf said again.

"Oh yeah, I get it now, I shouldn't have married you, and thank God you came, we are officially over and stop wearing that stupid ring, let all these be over, I hate you and we can never be together!" I yelled and I walked but he grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"I want custody of my daughter!" He said without thinking and I said to him what I should have said. "Lemme she you try!" I knocked his filthy hands off and ran off in tears... I was heartbroken, again but this time its more painful.

* * * *

Did he installed a tracking software in her? He sure knew where to find her whenever she's down, he walked behind her gently, I guessed he really enjoyed the ex-couple show.

"I know how you feel perfectly." Abubakar said, Zarah didn't turn to look him, she just kept crying, "Zarah..." Abubakar paused, "I know how it feels to be heart broken, I'm also a victim of one." Abubakar sighed,

He sure knew how to calm people down, he should be a therapist or something, "my first love died a year ago, that was why I was always cold. If you'd notice, I inherited that nickname a year ago. Cancer took her away from me. I was deeply in love with her." Abubakar said as he faked a smile to be strong but still yet tiny droplet of tears could be seen on his cheeks.

"Someone told me it is okay to cry," Zarah giggled silently.

"Using my words against me, impressive performance Zarah. You're a fast learner." Abubakar said and Zarah helped him wipe his tears.  "It seems we've encounter different types of predicament in life, but we should be brave, we should try to make it out alive." Zarah said thoughtfully.

"This reminds me of Humood's song 'Dadin'mai' you are so smart Zarah, I can't believe Mr. Yusuf just lost the most precious jewel in the entire multi verse!" Abubakar said and they both stood up, they both started walking towards the empty highway, due to the after party, the road was closed, as they walked; scent of fresh asphalt and wild orchids drifted past them.

Zarah's face broke in a frown again and Abubakar noticed. "What's wrong?"

"What if he press charges, what if he wants to take Safeenah?"

He smiled and focused on her, "I'll make sure you win." Zarah smiled, "do you believe in reincarnation?" Abubakar asked Zarah,

Zarah gazed into the Prince's blue eyeballs and fell in love with him more. "No, why do you ask?"

"I believe in reincarnation, because I just found myself a new Ayeesha."
Prince Abubakar said and Zarah smiled with a bright blush, she understood what the prince meant, a flashing could be seen, like someone took their pictures,

"Oh no, I can't believe people still do this, what miles can you run?" Abubakar asked.

"It depends, why do you ask?"
Zarah answered and another flashing could be seen.

"It's go time!" Prince Abubakar yelled and grabbed Zarah's hand, they took off and ran towards the wild flowers.

As they run, the two stared at each other and they smiled, this moment was perfect.

* * * *

"Go away!" Safeenah yelled as she heard the door bell rang, "Safeenah,  it's uncle Dale." Dale said from outside and safeenah opened the door, she bursted into tears as she saw Dale.

"Oh child, sorry," Dale said sympathetically and he carried her on his chest. "Why don't you want to see your ummi?" Dale asked.

"She slapped you, and she lied to me, why would she?" Safeenah said feeling betrayed.

"You have all the right to be angry, but at your mum? No! You should be angry with the genesis, your failure dad." Dale said and patted Safeenah's hair.  "All your mum wanted to do is keep you safe, your mum never betrayed you and you hurt her feelings also today. " Dale added.

"Was I that mean to ummi? I didn't know, I'm so sorry, I am a bad daughter, uncle Dale please I need my ummi." Safeenah whined about to burst into tears.

Dale gazed at the chiffon yellow curtain. "You can come out now." Zarah came out behind the curtain, she had been hiding there for a while.
"Ummi! I love you, I am a rude girl to say that to you, please forgive me." Safeenah said in tears as she jumped on her mother.

"I forgive you, have I been forgiven?" Zarah asked, "yes but on one condition, take me to bed and buy me a new dad on amazon!" Safeenah joked as she was already sleepy. Zarah smiled and she picked her up gently, she carried her to the bedroom, lay her on the bed and kissed her goodnight before turning off the lava lamp. She walked out to the living room, Dale was still there—waiting. As Zarah came out, Dale smiled and blushed. "Thank you so much, how can I repay you?" Zarah asked.

"By loving me." Dale blurted out.

"What?" Zarah's eyes widened in shock.

Author's note

Two words for Zarah, please.