19 ▌REIMBURSEMENT▐

You took Eyeless Jack's advice and just stayed in your room. The shower was the best thing you've had since you got here. Smelling your own skin and not having any smell of mold or blood clinging to your body was so amazing. You step out of the shower having folded your clothes and placed them on your bed. There was at least a towel after searching through the tall closet. You're glad you didn't have to ask Eyeless Jack for anything else. It's a shame that your clean body is going back into sweaty, bloody clothes. At least the socks aren't rank.

Pulling the towel around your shoulders you allow your hair to relax. It's still knotted and frizzy, but a hairbrush can fix that no problem, even if it's painful. You sit on your bed in the clothes you've had for the last couple of days. They grip your skin uncomfortably and you feel like they're making your skin soak in the sweat and smells again.

You actually have a clock that hangs above your door. Why? You don't know, but it'll be funny to see when that hits someone who decides to bust into your room. Though, it's already close to midnight.

11:56

Roughly. So, you've got a couple hours to burn. You sit in the flat office chair feeling the solidness of the used seat and just allow yourself to stare out the window. The snow outside was tranquil in the dark night, but it also was going to be trapping you in here longer with the rest of these people. You're trapped here, and not even because you're in a cell. You wonder if it's worth it to go to the game room. Would anyone be there?

You're kinda bored. Maybe, you'll wait a bit. Go grab a deck of cards from the place you saw Bloody Painter grab that game of monopoly from. Which, you lost royally to him. It was funny to watch Liu try and barter with both Jeff and Bloody Painter to get himself back on the board. You lean your elbows onto the desk feeling the creak of the metal legs that keep the wooden board attached to it.

You glanced back at the clock.

12:20

Holy shit how long have you been sitting here? That can't be right. The sky is dark, sure. The only light in the room is the useless dim one that you flicked on after your shower, but shit. Been in your head so long that time shot past you. Was that because you're supposed to be somewhere soon? You'll have to keep a better eye on it.

Turning back to the window you see the lights of other rooms reaching out and casting light down in the snow. No tracks indent the perfect snow and the softness looks great from up here. It's almost like a cloud decided to rest on the ground. You let out a sigh, laying your head onto the desk. You feel so tired, but at the same time wide awake. Your body ached from today's events and the fact you've been sleeping on concrete. You don't dare lay in bed, because that means you're going to knock out real fast and you know that.

The chair squeaks as you again look back to the clock. Holy fuck dude.

1:40

That clock has gotta be fast. You decide to watch it, but as you do it seems to be moving at what you'd expect a clock to move at. The second ticks as you count along with it, which then moves the minute hand passing by. It's right. Not broken, you're just daydreaming for so long you've basically blacked out for a good two hours. You stand as your clock finally strikes two and quietly leave your room. You see out in the dim hall a man you just talked to only a couple hours ago.

He had on his pajamas by the looks of it. A deep purple long sleeve shirt and fuzzy pink pants, both having spots of black most likely from his tears. It really contrasts his gray skin and navy mask. You make your way over to him and he just leads you in silence down the rest of the hallway to the double doors. You wonder if he's taking you to the infirmary, but no. Instead he pulls down a ladder from just behind you the loud clanking reverberating in the hall.