13 ▌APATHY▐

Ugh. What are you doing?! This is the perfect time to get the hell out of here! You haven't been able to get any sleep at all with this unlocked iron door behind you. It's horrible!

But you can just stick here. Play nice. Maybe, you'll get your own room!

Fuck that!

Get my own room? What am I? A teen looking to separate rooms from a younger sibling? You're starting to get Stockholm Syndrome and it's showing.

Fucking get your shit together (Y/N)!

You stand from the floor glaring into the camera that is attached to the room's ceiling to your right. It stares back. Is this worth it? On one hand you have the easiest navigation to the lobby, and from there the front doors should be obvious. Then again, if they catch you... you'll be shown no mercy being dragged back here. Even punishment could be worse.

It's most likely nighttime. People sleep at this time, hopefully. You turn around to stare at the door, it's dark in here. Placing a hand onto the cool metal you start to push it open. The door gives resistance which you respond by putting your entire body against it and pushing the door open. It makes a shit ton of noise from the bottom metal dragging across the concrete and the hinges sounding like you've stepped into a haunted house. Which isn't far off.

The interrogation room is just as dark as the cell you were just in, but remembering the path is easy enough. You take a right when just out of reach of the open iron door and hold your hands out until they come in contact with a cold, rough surface. Found the wall. You began to shove against it, when it wouldn't budge you'd slide to your right and push a different part.

What if someone is standing on the other side. This may be just a false hope. Someone's entertainment at this pitiful attempt at escape.

Srick.

The wall moved. You began to again push against it, your hands ache from being so rough against them, as if you just slid them several feet across asphalt. The wall gives and you tumble through catching yourself. The smell of blood and rank body odor are close by. Ah, so it's perceived as the laundry room. Took you enough time to notice. Makes sense to have this here since a family lodge doesn't need those past cleaning the rooms. You wonder what this place was like before these guys took over.

You bet it was wonderful.

Ascending the stairs your heart is starting to race. Every door or corner should be treated like someone is behind it. You leave through the unlocked basement door, which is actually surprising. Must not happen enough to be worth locking this door, or maybe Kagekao left it unlocked for you.

Heading out into the game room you see it's just as dark with hazy outlines of the rooms and furniture; the windows hold little light. The sound of harsh winds blows outside. Hopefully, that isn't going to affect you.

Pay attention!

You waste no more time quietly crossing the room to the large double doors. You push against them carefully, but they don't budge. Pushing harder they don't move. Locked. Aw hell of course. It just can't be easy can it.

You stare back into the room and see a set of stairs that travel up above the door you just existed. There's a fireplace as well that cold air flows through. Climbing up could take too long; though, it is an option. You make your way to the stairs and keep your weight off your steps. Walking up is risked with creaking floorboards, thankfully none of them do.

On this floor there's lines of rooms being shined on by the window just beside the stairs. The moonlight isn't comforting this time, as the doors are most definitely the residents' rooms. The best option is to try and get past them all as fast as possible, maybe staying low could work. You crouch down before the window seeing your own shadow be cast across the hall. Taking in a deep breath and filling your lungs to the absolute limit.