Chapter Thirty-five: An echo in the wind (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Naruto: 'thought so'

I looked back at the two on the couch and then at Hiashi who was in the arm chair of the room, talking with the Pikachu.

Naruto: Yo

I said, walking in the room and on sight, Hanabi started reaching out for me while muttering 'Nii', guess she was trying to say Nii-san but didn't know how to say it completely.

Hitomi: Oh, hey Naruto-kun.

She said waving at me and I waved back, taking a seat beside her, I quickly found myself holding a very excited Hanabi in my arms as she jumped up and down muttering her baby gibberish, but I could make out 'Dinner' alone.

Naruto: What's got you so excited little one?

I asked her and she just pouted and looked at her mother, who laughed.

Hitomi: Well, what Hanabi-chan wants to tell you Naruto-kun, is that we are having dinner here with your family.

Oh fuck me, this is just great, just great fucking great.

Naruto: Oh, well that's wonderful, isn't it little one?

I asked the one year in my lap who started to make happy gurgles and started jumping up and down.

I set her down on the ground as she could play around for a while and I will make dinner.

Kushina: What's for dinner tonight sochi?

She asked me and I heard a gasp from Hitomi.

Hitomi: You can cook Naruto-kun?

She asked me and I looked at her.

Naruto: Yes I do, otherwise those three will be in the hospital from their Ramen addiction by now.

I said and pointed at my sisters and mother who pouted but I just shrugged them off and went into the kitchen and started to wipe up some dinner.

ONE AND HALF HOUR LATER: 6::45PM

We were all around the dinner table now eating as I continued to receive comments from Hitomi and her husband about my cooking, while I could hear Hanabi blabbering off, I think she was complementing me as well to.

Hitomi: This is so good Naruto-kun, you have to tell me the recipe you use.

She told me and I laughed but made a mental note to write it down before I left tomorrow.

Naruto: So you never had curry before?

I asked as we were eating curried chicken and it was a shock to hear that they never put curry on chicken before.

Hitomi: No I haven't, I never you could curried chicken, this tastes so good, isn't Hinata?

She asked her oldest daughter, who was stuffing her face as well.

Hinata: Yes it is Kaa-chan, sensei your cooking tastes so better than Kaa-chan's, no offense.

She said to her mother who just laughed.

Hitomi: No offense taken Hinata, I, myself is not afraid to admit it, Naruto-kun's cooking is so much better than mine.

She said and I smiled and thanked her for her words as we finished up eating and was now sitting in the living room.

Naruto: Okay you three, I haven't something to tell you guys.

I said to my sister and Hanabi who were in front of me, looking curious.

Naruto: I have to leave again for another mission this time, I don't know when I will be back.

I said and I saw their eyes going into sadness and confusion, you can tell who's who's, Hanabi looked confused, which was to be expected while my sisters were sad.

Narumi: What, why do you have to go!

She yelled/asked and I looked around to see the adults all looking at us now.

Naruko: Yeah, why do you have to go, I thought you said you weren't going anywhere?

She asked in a more calm voice then her sister.

Naruto: It's for a good reason, I promise.

I said as I could see the anger building in Narumi's face.

Narumi: What is it, what's so important that you have to leave us again?

She asked with nothing with anger and I could understand her pain but it just hurts seeing her like this.

Naruto: A squad from the Seal division of the Navy has been killed by a terrorist and my squad has been tasked to take them out.

I told her and she looks down in sadness after my explanation.

Narumi: I am sorry Nii-san for exploding like that, I'm sorry I didn't know but I just got you back and I don't want to lose you again.

She said an I hugged her and her sister.

Naruto: You won't, I'll make sure of it, I love you both very much.

I told her and kissed the top of their heads. I felt a weight in my back and knew it was Hanabi as I reached around and took her in my arm and brought her into the hug as well, giving her head a kiss as well, I wiped her tears and hugged her to my chest.

Naruto: I love all three of you and I will be back for you.

I told them as I felt them nod their head.

Naruto: Good, now I want you three to be on your best behavior and I mean it too you.

I said pointing at Hanabi who gave me an innocent look but I know she heard me.

Naruto: You two know the drill already right?

Narumi&Naruko: Yes Nii-san.

They said together and I nodded at them.

Naruto: Good, now I will be leaving at 6 am tomorrow so I won't be here when you wake up so I will each leave something with you guys with your parents.

I told them and they all nodded as I got up and walked over to Kaa-chan and gave her another hug before saying my goodbyes to the others and going back to base, to prepare to bet revenge back for echo.

Naruto: Hope you find peace brothers, your all in the wind watching over us and we will join you soon brothers, may you all rest in peace.

I said and walked down the lonely dark road to base to get some sleep.

........................................................................................................

The end of this chapter,

Hope you like it 👍

See you guys soon ✌🚶‍♂️✌🚶‍♂️✌