Chapter Thirty-five: An echo in the wind (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

She said in awe as I chuckled at her.

Naruto: Just something I learnt from pops, at the end of the day you are who you are and we are just killers in the eyes of regular peoples eyes who don't know about what we go through day in and day out.

Kushina: What do you mean by that, I understand, remember that I was a Kunoichi as well.

Naruto: I just simply means that we have demons that we carry home after each mission, every bullet fired and killed someone is a father, husband, wife, brother, sister, aunt, uncle grandfather, grandmother etc, taken away from their family and we go home remembering that, we have our own demons dealing with and we don't need people criticizing us for it.

I cock my gun as I pulled the trigger to hear it click, meaning that everything was working and I set it down and looked at her.

Naruto: This war on terror is never going to go anywhere, there is always someone there wanting to be the grand Supreme being and people like me and my team are the ones send in to take them on, we've seen the official dark side of people and that place were we are going, Afghanistan, that is were the dark side of humans run the most wild.

I told her as mental images of the pictures I was shown in my training about that place appeared in my mind.

Kushina: I guess it is really bad over there then?

She asked, hugging me as I hugged back.

Naruto: Yes it is, now I get to see it through my own eyes, more nightmares on top of the ones I already got.

I joked and she just bonked my head.

Kushina: Not funny, but please don't do anything stupid and come back to me.

I wanted to say I promise but I can't, it's against my code, I can't promise what I can't confirm, I could possibly die on this mission are lose a limp or more, the possibility are limitless in this world.

Naruto: I will.

I just said back as I felt her hug me more, I know that was not what she wanted to hear but I couldn't tell her what she wanted.

Kushina: Okay, I know you have a lot of things to do but I am not going to explain to the girls about this, they just got you back and you know they will cry.

She said and sighed, it's true, those two are so going to kill me.

Naruto: I guess I can take them out once more before breaking the news to them.

I said and she nodded.

Kushina: You finished with your checks yet?

I nodded my answer and she immediately grabbed my hand and lead me out of the room and out the base to the house, I guess she wants to tell them immediately, I sighed as I saw the house coming into view as I go over multiple things to say to them.

Naruto: Why do I have to tell this? 😪

I sighed as I was now in front of them and they looked very happy, judging from their smiling faces.

Naruto: What's got you two so happy?

I asked them and they grabbed my hand and lead me to the living room, for me to see a little Hanabi in her mother's lap laughing as she was being tickled.

Naruto: 'Oh fuck this'

Kisara: Language!

She yelled in my head as I sighed.

Naruto: 'you want to switch places and explain this to three emotional kids then?'

I asked her in my head and never got a response back.