Achtundzwanzig | Twentyeight

Spielberg, this was probably one of the best circuits. The atmosphere was fantastic, the track was amazing, and the fans were terrific. The race weekend was in full swing; everything went well. Surprisingly enough, there weren't any issues with any of the cars so far.

"Girlie!" Jane happily said. "A familiar face!" She walked over to the woman in red.

Lotte smiled. "Hello," she greeted the woman. "How are you doing?"

They were standing in the back of the paddock. Not really the place to be for the two, but they somehow ended up here.

"Fine, fine," Jane replied. "It's hot out here; it's not normal anymore."

"I'm going to grab an iced coffee, fancy one too?" Jane nodded. "Perfect. Have you been here before?" Lotte looked at her.

Jane slowly nodded. "My first race. And then that happened?"

A thin line appeared between Lotte's eyebrows. "Oh?" She scanned Jane's face. "Oh. That. Right."

"So I'm keeping my distance."

"It's really pathetic, actually. I still feel sorry for you. I saw it, and I immediately felt sorry for you. And Lando. If you were Lando's girlfriend or not." Lotte pressed a thin line on her lips. "I'm glad his girlfriend ignores everything. And I hope Lando does too."

Jane bit her lip and nodded. "You know, it's just insane some fandom will make a big deal out of it if their person has a girlfriend. Like, it's not like you have a shot." She snorted. "And look at us. You're the ex of, I'm the girlfriend of," she mentioned quickly. It made Lotte chuckle. "Anyway, it's just insane that this is a problem. His fans, well 'fans', made an entire theatre show of it. If you're a real fan, you would be happy."

"The worst thing is... People made you the girlfriend of Lando while you were already in a relationship with Marcus. I don't know what's worse."

"I don't care if they say I'm Harry Styles' girlfriend, because we know better. This hurt Marcus, a big dent in his self-assurance. That was my main concern."

Lotte took a deep breath and nodded. "It's horrible, really. If I were you, I would have rammed them with a car. Not gonna lie, the way your friends picked this up and defended you and Marcus... Precious. The best."

"They're the best." Jane gratefully smiled. "You look good, I didn't know there were skirts too."

They started to walk towards a coffee stand. Lotte looked down, Ferrari gave her a skirt. It was warm, too warm for trousers. "Thanks," she said. "I know Britta used to wear them too, but it never came to my mind to wear them. Until someone gave them to me. And look, it has shorts underneath it! Like a hockey skirt! And it has an extra pocket in the short!"

Jane gasped for air. "Oh, my god. We love to see that!" She widely smiled. "I know a lot about F1 now, but not everything," Jane smirked. "The red colour suits you well. It doesn't suit everyone," she softly said.

"I know what you mean. And it's not personal."

"Absolutely not personal. I sometimes see people walk, and I'm like: nah, that colour does not suit you. But it's not their choice, team colours go first and then the rest."

"Yup. And this red is really present. It's first the colour and then you, as a person," Lotte smirked. "Those white shirts from Mercedes look powerful; this red also does. The blue from Red Bull is like: it's bloody Red Bull. But honestly, that green colour from Aston Martin... It's chic."

The corners of Jane's mouth curled up. "Luckily, I got a boyfriend who drives at AM. It doesn't always go right, but I got some shirts." She looked around. "Oh, wait. I have to say something to Marcus," she announced.