Fortsetzung folgt... | To be continued...

Lotte sat down on the ground and looked at Mick; he was standing next to her, observing the area.

"It hasn't changed at all," Mick concluded and let himself gently fall to the ground as well. "Not even in the slightest bit."

"I'm amazed by it, but also not," she smirked and sat closer to him, placing her arm on his leg. "I hope it shows up tonight."

"It has to; they predicted it. The sky is clear now, so that's good."

Silence fell between the two of them. Mick was scanning the area around him, taking it all in. It was dark, but also not. Lotte, however, she was studying the sky patiently. They both enjoyed the quietness of the night. And the stars above them. There was a twinkling of light from the distant stars. And even though it would show up, the night was already perfect. Watching the stars... Pretty amazing as well.

Suddenly, Lotte spotted something in the sky in front of her. "Is that a cloud?" She straightened her back and pointed up into the sky. "No, it is not, right?" Her voice was filled with hope and excitement.

Mick was scanning the darkness. "What? Where?"

"There," she whispered.

The cloud started to wave, but it was barely noticeable. The longer they stared, the more hope came up. For a moment, Lotte thought it could be a false alarm because the longer you stared at something, the brains would make up things that were not there. The cloud began to grow; it had a shape now. The white changed to green.

"Oh, my goodness..." Lotte whispered, and her lips parted. She grabbed Mick's arm and squeezed in it.

"It's happening..." Mick quietly added. The Northern Lights were started to get a shape.

Bands of lights danced in front of them, stretching across the skies. They knew this was extraordinary. This was the first time years they could attend this miracle. Lotte and Mick had hope, but they knew there was a chance it wouldn't reach their expectations, their previous expectations.

The whole sky was dancing slowly in colours, and it felt like they put on a show, just for Mick and Lotte. It became magical. The colours were bright, it even got a wave of purple, blue and pink.

Lotte looked at Mick and happily smiled. Mick looked back at her.

"What?" The corners of Mick's mouth curled up

"I can't believe it's happening," she said, and a glossy layer covered her eyes. "We have been waiting for this for ten years, Mick. Ten years since the last time." She covered her mouth with her hand. "I can't believe the Northern Lights make me this happy," she giggled.

It made Mick giggle as well, and he pressed a kiss on her forehead. "It was worth the wait." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and held her close.

"It is so worth the cold." Her eyes fell back on the sky. It was all worth it to sit here, in the extreme cold, in the middle of the night.

It took them quite some time to be part of this miracle again. The last few times, it was either cloudy, or there were no Northern Lights. It had been ten years since the last time they spotted them here, in Lapland. That time was their first and only time. Since that moment, a lot has changed.

"Can you imagine..." Mick began and looked at his wife. "...that we were sitting here ten years ago, exactly the same spot, fighting the rule and our feelings?"

Lotte snorted. "Gosh, yes. The good old days," she said. "Well, they weren't always good." She bit her lip, and a smile grew on her face when she thought about the days ten years ago. "A lot has changed ever since... We've been through a lot."