Achtzehn | Eighteen

"How are things going?" Lotte asked while putting the dirty dishes into the dishwasher. "At work?" She looked at Mick, who was cleaning the kitchen counter with a cloth.

It was Saturday. After yesterday's visit to the hospital, the family went home. Colette had to stay for more exams. However, her dad's needed to go home to pick up some stuff and take care of themselves. This morning. Henry and Frederick left again to the hospital. Ines had a field hockey game and would stay over at a friend for dinner.

"It's all going good, it's looking positive, which is a good thing," Mick mentioned. "I keep learning from Kevin. He's so fierce, something you absolutely need in this world. And you know, the team is getting better. Last year was tough, but it's getting better."

"Not gonna lie, you look more relaxed. And the teams as well - from what I can see."

"It's more relaxed," he concluded. "There's always pressure to perform, but the pressure on saying the wrong things disappeared. Good vibes only," he widely smiled.

A satisfied smile came on Lotte's face. "Good to hear," she said. "I'm glad it's all good now."

"Yeah, me too. We can fully focus on the game now."

Lotte washed her hands after she put the dishwasher on. "And your family?" She put a cup under the coffee machine and made a coffee for them both.

"All good," Mick smiled. "Gina is gonna move, so that's really exciting."

"Oh, really? That's amazing."

He nodded. "Three houses down the street, but it has more space." He leaned against the kitchen island. "Probably for the future..."

"Settling down?" Her eyebrows raised, and an exciting smile came on her face.

"Possibly," he said and couldn't hide his smile. "Gina and her boyfriend won't admit it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is for that reason."

"Sweet. Gosh, this is a sign we are all getting our own lives..."

Mick smirked. "It's all coming close now. What about you? Do you know what you're gonna do after you graduate? Staying in Holland?"

"I have no idea, honestly," Lotte admitted and blew up her cheeks. "I don't think I will stay in Holland. It's been enough and...I don't know. It's good to leave. But if I find a job there, things will be different. I do have to leave my room in Maastricht, but that's for when I get that diploma. What I absolutely am gonna do is celebrate the summer break and do absolutely nothing."

"Sounds like a solid plan." He got handed over a coffee from Lotte. "Thanks."

"Now we're talking about moving... Do you have plans?" Lotte looked interested at Mick and waited for her own coffee that was brewing now.

A laugh escaped his lips. "No, I'm good. I can't come up with a reason why I should move, really."

"That's only positive."

"Yeah."

"And your dad? How is he?" Lotte was genuinely interested in the situation, she cared about the family and Mick.

Mick walked to the dining table, sitting down on a chair. He looked at Lotte, who followed him. She gave him a biscuit. "Baby steps," he mentioned. She sat in front of him. "There isn't much change from what you can see, but the monitors show small improvements."

She slowly nodded. "That's good," she softly said.

"Yes, luckily." He took a sip from his coffee, but he pulled the muscles in his face together. "Did you put sugar into this?"