I'm Home -Joshua Graham

Non Courier Female!Reader

Does NOT follow the last two Joshua imagines.

♥︎

Zion was beautiful as you exited out of the slot canyon that connected to the Mojave. Your heart stung at the memory of him.

Joshua Graham.

Two years ago, your father had thrown him off a cliff in an example of disobedience. Everyone assumed he was dead.

No one could survive that fall.

But you heard the rumors he was alive. You had spent months searching for your lost lover.

You had met Christina in The Madre on a rumor to find a man known as Ulysses. He would know if Joshua was alive.

You had met Ulysses in Primm on his travels to the Divide. Why? You didn't know.

All he said he was meeting someone there.

He told you that Joshua was alive when he left Utah. If he was dead now, he had no clue.

Your heart stung and wept at the possibility but you knew Joshua. If anyone could survive it's him.

The Virgin River seemed to snake around the rocks and slot canyons in pure beauty. You walked down to the trails.

Joshua was either here or up in New Caanan. You would have circled around I-15 to go up that way to the old city of Ogden, where New Caanan was located.

But you knew the 80s was vicious about a lone woman wandering.

A gunshot bouncing off the rock, forcing you to duck behind a rock.

It was three tribals with pale bodies and war paint anywhere you could see on them. Two had pistols and the other had a throwing spear.

You took your shotgun out, killing two of them with good shots when they got close enough.

You had killed the other, the only wound you had was to your wrist from the spear getting thrown. It had knicked a good chunk of flesh out but you could move it.

You took a piece of fabric from the dead tribals. Seemed like they was White Legs. They was usually found up around the Great Salt Lake. Strange, they never come this far out of their territory.

You had to find some type of med kit. Stimpaks wasn't going to fix it completely, it was down to bone.

You crept along one of the paths, keeping your sights on any little crevice.

A stick snapped behind you. You twirled around, aiming your shotgun at another tribal's chest. He wasn't like the ones who ambushed you. He had tattoos and a feathered ball cap. His skin was also darker then the others.

"Woah." He held his hands up. "You have come from the Outlands have you?"

You nodded. "Names Y/n," you said. You had dropped the Sallow part of your name a long time ago.

"I am Follows-Chalk," he replied. "I'm from the Dead Horses tribe in the Eastern Virgin. I overhead fighting and came to help."

You nodded dropping your weapon from his chest. "I'm searching for a man, supposedly has been dead for a long time."

Follows-Chalk seemed confused. "How do you know that he isn't dead?"

"Rumors, some say he's still alive."

"What is his name?"

You paused, remembering what Ulysses said to you. That tribes are still skittish of Joshua's name.

"His name is Joshua," you said after a few minutes.

"Joshua? You mean Joshua Graham? He's our war chief. Come I'll take you to him."

"Wait Joshua is alive?" You asked him.

He nodded. "Burned and scared but yes, I'll take you to him,"

You followed the young tribal through the valley. It was rather a long walk to the Eastern Virgin.

"So, how do you know Joshua?" Follows-Chalk asked you.

You looked around for danger but not seeing any. "I know him from his days as Ceaser's Legate," you explained.

"Was you a slave?"

You shook your head. "Daughter of Ceaser himself. My father ripped him away from me after he had failed." You looked out over the river remembering how Joshua fell down into the Colorado River.

"You was there wasn't you?" Follows-Chalk asked. "When he became burned?"

You nodded but you remembered the Tribes was ignorant from you growing up in the Legion, you explained it to him the best you could. "I remember like it was yesterday, his failure to capture an important military target was the tipping point. He had caught us sneaking down to the river past curfew multiple times. That was the reason he had him burned. To prove a point to me, that he could hurt me anyway he wanted to."

"How did you escape?"

"My handmaiden slave helped me. She helped me escape to a place called New Vegas. We split up after that to make sure they couldn't track us. Last time I heard she was in California and safe."

He looked up at the sky. "We must get to the Eastern Virgin before nightfall. It's risky to be out here at night, especially with the White Legs."

♥︎

The Eastern Virgin was peaceful, the tribals looked at her as she followed Follows-Chalk around the slot river beds.

"Angel Cave is just ahead, Joshua will be there," Follows-Chalk said.

You stopped at the mouth of the cave when Follows-Chalk went in. Taking a deep breath, you braced yourself for for worst.

What if he didn't remember you? Has the fire burned away any memories of what was.

You walked in seeing the man you had thought was dead. Bandaged, burned, but those eyes, they could threaten and adore at the same time.

You knew them.

How could you forget them? How they softened when they looked at you?

He was busy over looking some plans with some other tribals. One spoke to him making him look up at you.

He stared at you, acting like he had seen a ghost. "Y..Y/n?"

You nodded, the tear streaking down shined in the pale torch light. "I'm home," you whispered.

His arms wrapped around you, not even caring of the pain that came with his burns. His hand cupped the back of your head, his eyes daring anyone to pull you away.

Your heart settled feeling his arms around you again. It had been so long since you felt them around you.

Now he was here, alive. Changed yes, but his love for you hadn't been burned away.

The Dead Horses understood the interaction, their acting war chief had found the one thing worth dying for.

Love.

And he wasn't going to let you go again without a fight.