45. Shocking Turn

Start from the beginning

Eden asked "Can you tell me what's happened Falco... I do not remember what's happened and how I have needed up here... What day is it... What time is it? I came home from school and slept early because I was so tired... That's the last thing I remember..."

Falco sighed and sat down on a chair near the bed. He ran his hands in his hair and said "I am going to tell you what's happened... But I dont want you to worry... I want you to not panic... In our world crisis happens sometimes..."

Eden breathed "Crisis? What kind of crisis has happened?" She had bad feeling about what she was about to hear but she tried to compose herself. 

Falco said "Well... I dont know how to tell you this but your... parents are in trouble... Big trouble with the Fontana family... When was the last time you saw them?"

Eden was shocked "Trouble? What kind of trouble? My parents are meant to be at a family wedding right now outside New York... They were going to leave at night shortly after I went to sleep. They didn't take my brother and I because we had some important school exams..."

Falco said "Yes... They are meant to be at a wedding... But I wish that they went there without dragging my mother with them... My mother was invited but the Fontana felt the wedding venue was surrounded by many Irish mob territories so they told my mother couldn't attend. So the story goes, your father insists my mother goes with him and your mother to this wedding. He sends a telegram to her work that we later saw when it was too late. He asks her to leave without telling the Fontanas and join him and his wife on the journey. My mother for the first time in her life endangers herself as she felt pressured to go to this family wedding. She leaves without any protection in the middle of the night to join your father. Your father drives her to that place where the wedding is meant to happen. Then my mother was abducted  by an Irish mob..."

Eden gasped "No... It cant be true..."

Falco said in a sad tone "It is true... An Irish mob  ambushed the car and abducted my mother and left your parents safe... They abducted my mother but did not touch your parents and left..."

Eden was speechless as her heart was racing... Her words came out weak "Oh my god... Why? How? She has to be safe..." She closed her eyes and prayed "Please lord let her be safe..."

Falco said "You might want to pray for your parents if I were you...  The message we have received from the Irish says it loud and clear... They dont want her dead... But they will use her captivity to get to us... My mother is worth more alive than dead... believe me...I cant say the same about your father or your mother or your brother for that matter..."

Eden opened her eyes and felt alarmed "What do you mean?... What is going on? Where are my family? Are they abducted too by the Irish?"

Falco said "Oh... You wish they were abducted by an Irish mob... Your parents were captured by my uncle Federico.... They are now in his custody... He also ordered you and your brother to be drugged and abducted and brought to my uncle...  Your brother is with your parents under interrogation of my uncle Federico... Your parents could have been working with the Irish for all we know and even if they didn't, your father's insistence forced my mother to leave safety for the first time since his marriage to my father..."

Eden felt tears running down her cheeks. She did not know much about the crime families but he knew they were brutal and no one messed with their families. She wiped her tears. "I cant believe this... This is like a nightmare..."

Falco hesitated and then said "I think you should know how bad the situation is... It gets worse Eden... Much worse... My grandfather and my father went personally to the area to save my mother... There was a ... stand off...  They shot my grandfather and my father..."