Chapter 5 | Nursery

Start from the beginning

My love twists around, leaning against me, holding onto me. I hold her close, brushing my hand over her hair, her body, trying anything to soothe her.

The door slowly opens, Dane and Pedro step in first, Madam Eira right behind them, "What's going on, son?"

"She feels really warm."

"Alright, dear, scoot over."

I gently let go of Fallon and move aside so she can look at her. Madam Eira takes her temperature, "Slightly elevated but that could be because she was hugging you."

"No, I just got in bed it-" that's when Fal starts to mumble a few things and I realize that she's having a nightmare.

"Wake her up." Madam Eira instructs.

"Waking her up usually makes her have an even worse nightmare when she falls back asleep."

"I get that, dear, but having a nightmare won't do her well. Her fever will get worse and we can't have that. For both of them."

I nod and move closer to her, I pull myself up against the headboard, positioning my hand on her cheek. "Darling, wake up." I brush my thumb over her cheekbone, "Wake up, Fal." I talk a bit louder so she can hear me over her own mumbles.

She hears me, opening her eyes in a startled manner, "It's okay, I got you." She isn't crying or from the looks of it extremely afraid but she does seem a little shocked. "You're okay, you were having a nightmare," I explain and she nods, letting out a soft breath.

"Yeah, I was." Her voice sounds so soft, so fragile. She lays her head on my chest and that's when she notices Madam Eira. "Oh, hi. Did he wake you?" Her question has an accusatory tone to it and it makes me smile.

"He did but that's no issue. Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah," Fal nods. "Just a little warm but okay."

"Splendid. You should continue to rest, dear. Sometimes women tend to have nightmares during their pregnancy, it could explain why they suddenly came back. I recommend going for a talk with Lewis. It's been a while hasn't it?"

"I might have neglected it, yes. Can it help?"

"It most certainly can. It'll help you loosen up."

"Then I'll go tomorrow." She states, quickly glancing up at me to see my reaction to it.

"You should go together." Madam Eira suggests, "He could talk to you both, ease your worries."

"That's a great idea. We'll do that and then afterward we'll go to the Mansion."

This makes Fal's eyes almost bulge out of their sockets while Madam Eira bids us goodnight.

"The Mansion?" She questions when we're alone.

"Routine check-up. I need to go and even though I don't want to, I know you'll kill me if I don't take you along with me."

Fal laughs and that sound warms me completely, "I wouldn't kill you, I'd just be very mad."

"I definitely don't want that," I reply, leaning down and catching her lips in a kiss. She spots her hand on my neck, pulling me in before laughing again and hugging me. "Why are you so giggly?"

"I don't know." She shrugs. "I just love seeing your face."

"I love seeing your face too," I respond, playfully rolling my eyes at her odd words. "How are you feeling?"

"Hungry and tired."

"We can fix that. What do you want, my love?"

"Hmmm," she thinks it through and then smiles once she has it, "Pineapple."