。*:°.•✯ Ch¹ ✯•.°:*。.

"Breaking news!" said the news announcer as soon as Heejin switched to the news channel after failing to find anything enjoyable on TV.

"This picture astounded the world's eyes today! This meteor, which was racing toward Earth, streaked across the sky before striking Nasburn's grounds. "

Heejin was alarmed by the city's name.

"Based on the most recent reports and data, we estimate that over 589 people sustained injuries." She was cut off by a phone as he continued. And so she turned it off.

"Good day, is this Miss. Park Heejin?"

"Yes, that's me." she replied.

"We wanted to let you know that Miss. Park Hee-young has been admitted to the hospital due to the meteor incident that occurred in Nasburn."

She answered, dryly, "I'll be there," and the call was cut off.

She turned on the TV once more.

"The filming crew of "Asteroid Avalanche" and rising actress Park Hee-young have also sustained injuries, and they are all currently being treated in Hopevale Hospital, a few miles outside of Nasburn. It is reported that-"

Once more, turning off the news, she sighs.

She gets changed and heads for the hospital.

"Excuse me, Miss?" She greeted the receptionist after arriving." Could you please let me know where patient Park Hee-young is?"

The receptionist was a bright young girl. "Of course! You must be Miss Park Hee-jin." She enquired while smiling.

Heejin gave her a faint smile as she nodded.

"Miss Park Hee-young has been admitted to the intensive care unit. It is on the ground floor. Straight ahead, then turn right. " She mumbled a thank you and rushed off.

She reached out and noticed several people sitting right in front of the ICU.

Had I known they were coming, I wouldn't have rushed here.

She put her thoughts aside and continued to walk.

Heejin's mom, dad, and her former friend were present. She catches her mother's tear-filled eyes, who stands up and ran over to her, only to slap her across the face.

She was stunned as she stood there.

Her father and In-Ah came running up to the mother daughter duo as they both stared at her mother with wide eyes. "Honey, hold on." Her father said, but she pulled away from him, paying no attention to what he said, and grabbed her by the collar.

"You!!! Because of you! My daughter is there! " She yelled while gesturing toward the ICU.

"You should've been the one who was lying there! You should have been in her position."

Oh, yeah? Is it now my fault because a meteor hit Earth? What a joke. Heejin mentally scoffed.

"Yes, Mom, I should have been there," she answered, turning to face her mother and In-ah. She calmly retorted, a small smile on her face, "If it wasn't for you and Lee in-ah."

"What exactly do you mean?" Bewildered, Lee In-ah inquired as Mrs.Park released her hold on Heejin. "If you two hadn't ruined me, I would have been the one lying there. I was supposed to be in the film, but I'm safe since you both gave the opportunity to Hee-young." She said with a huge grin on her face.

"So, thank you very much."

And that was it. Mrs.Park was unable to contain herself any longer. Another slap landed on Heejin's face.