The Kroloteans; something we had a meeting about in the Watchtower yesterday. An invader species that travels in packs.

    "Your priorities are to destroy all Zeta-Tubes or platforms and search for any humans that aliens may have abducted. As always, Mal is ops manager, coordinating comm from here."

    "Wonder Girl, you and I are alpha."

    "Yes!"

    "Neptune's beard!"

    "Assignment: Philadelphia. Batgirl, Bumblebee, you two and wolf are beta. Assignment Vlatavastok. Robin, La'gaan, Beetle, and Iris are gamma. Prep the bio-ship, you're headed to New Orleans."

    "Gamma always gets the soft gigs," La'gaan complained leaving with Beetle.

    "Robin, you'll be running gamma."

    "Me? I've never led a squad before."

    "Making this a good opportunity to get your feet wet as a field leader."

    "Because it's gamma and you're not expecting trouble or because we're stretched thin and there was nobody else?"

    "Just don't die, okay? And no unnecessary risks to the squad, that's an order."

    Robin nodded before leaving to the bio-ship.

    "Gamma squad? Really?"

    "I thought you'd be more upset that you weren't squad leader," he smiled. "It's your first mission in two years. I wasn't sure if you'd be rusty."

    "And you just happened to place me on the squad with all the newest members."

    "It could do them some good to see you in action."

    "Or you want me to make friends with the new Robin."

    "He's a good kid," Nightwing reasoned, telling me my accusation was right. "And he's really eager."

    "Yeah, well you'll scare him with all that dying talk."

    "I asked for no risks to the squad because you're on it."

    "And I'm so vulnerable and helpless."

    "Don't die," he told me seriously. "I mean it."

    He was dangerously close. His nose was already touching mine, but I backed away. "I don't plan on it."

New Orleans
January 4, 21:48 CST

    I was stood by the window, scanning the view when, "What's the deal with you and Nightwing?"

    I turned to Jaime. "What deal?"

    "You know," he shrugged. "You guys have that intense 'mirada de amor' goin' on."

    I stuttered being called out by a stranger. "Would you believe me if I said we've never even slept together?"

    "No," all the boys said at once.

    All three of them stared at me, completely unconvinced. "Worth a shot," I sighed.

    "We're here," Robin said placing the bioship directly over our targeted location.

    "A toolshed?" La'gaan questioned. "Barely enough room for one Zeta-Tube in there. I knew we got the soft gig!"

    "And yet, I'm strangely okay with that," Jaime relaxed in his seat, before arguing with nobody, "Yes, I am! Yes, I am! Yes, I am!"