'Yunhee,' Jin intervened, his gaze not leaving the metal rod as he swished it along the glistening blade, 'ignoring the drug lord to focus on Taehyung was damaging enough. Not showing a second time will be considered a sign of disrespect. We need to try and mediate-'

'Mediate?' Yunhee blustered. 'Changwook has you by the balls! He's going to make you work for him! Something you guys have strived to avoid for nearly ten years!'

'We have no choice, darling,' Jimin mollified calmly. 'If we don't show, he'll send a battalion of men to kill us all. Including you.'

'Ugh!' With a resigned sigh, Yunhee slumped against the tail light, eyeballing Jimin as she scuffed her boot along the floor. 'JK and Hobi are heading out to buy groceries. I think I'll go with them to take my mind off things.'

With a humourless laugh, Jimin closed the trunk and strode to the front of the vehicle with a tight jaw. 'Please don't make me look like the bad guy here. You know that's not possible.'

'JK and Hobi will watch out for me.'

'You're having a laugh!' Jimin retorted, avoiding eye contact with the unremitting female as he yanked open the driver's door. She was doing it again. Following him like a puppy while giving him that alluring smile under those fanning lashes.

He would not cave.

'I'll give you a foot massage when you get back.'

Jimin stalled, blinking at her while his fingers whitened around the window frame.

Goddamn this witch.

No. No, no, no, he thought as he rolled out his shoulders and plastered on a poker face.

'You're staying here with Yoongi and Tae and that's final.'

A derogatory expletive exploded from Yunhee's mouth as Tae entered through the pedestrian door and strolled over with his arms behind his back. 'Oof, someone's tetchy.'

'Bite me, Casanova,' Yunhee muttered while Jin wrestled a smile and Jimin licked the corner of his lips.

After yesterday's unrehearsed excursion and Tae making a shameless advance on Yunhee, the air between them was so brittle it could snap.

Regrettably, last night's grisly token had left Jimin with no choice but to hold off on asking Tae to leave. They were going to need all the manpower they could get tonight, and so he'd bitten his tongue and stingingly agreed to extend his stay.

'Did you want something?' Jimin cuttingly asked as Yunhee stubbornly picked her fingernails with her canines.

'Oh, yes,' Tae declared, exposing the elusive item he'd kept behind his back. 'Remind me what you want me to do with this thing again?'

Jimin wrenched his collar away from his sweating neck as his vision homed in on the small cardboard box sitting in his hand.

There was no need to panic. Yunhee was chewing her nails and glaring at the cement ground. She wouldn't notice-

'What's that?'

For fuck's sake.

Now, she was on her tip-toes, opening the lid to peer inside. Before Jimin could plunge into a state of panic, however, Jin folded away his switchblade and snatched the box from Tae's grasp.

'Why do you always have to make a spectacle of everything?' Jin berated as he launched the offensive item into the trunk and out of sight. 'It's just a box of Winchesters!'

'You guys use Winchesters?' Tae ridiculed. 'You always struck me as Remington kinda guys.'

Running a palm over his reddening face, Jimin jumped behind the wheel to keep himself busy. The vindictive son-of-a-bitch knew damn well what was inside that box.