Chapter 19: Visitors

Kerise's predictions came quicker than she expected. They decided on a pretentious and meaningless entry, dissipating her door into wood shards. The Reloj stepped in. There were four of them. Timarie had clearly underestimated how far the news had spread of her accidental, but still erroneous, elevation.

The first Reloj was siTeacher Leia, face impenetrable. The second was an ordinary teacher, square cut jewel misaligned as if she had been off schedule. Timarie froze, seeing in the corner of her eye an elite, pentagon jewel glittering from costly washes. The Phrontistery had ordered an elite to see her. Then Timarie felt her body go faint as the fourth Reloj entered her sphere of vision. A hexagon jewel on her uniform, a general stood at the end of the Reloj line. To see her, Timarie.

Rean. She was an idiot.

That Brian knew this would happen, but she had not done anything to assist herself. She was surprised he had not stuck around to witness this day. Best possibility, she was as good as dead. Worst possibility, tortured for the longest possible duration, mangled until an indistinguishable corpse, and then hung up for the next twenty one years as an example.

What a silly name he had for one who seemed to know everything.