Chapter 25

Aroon reached hospital with his parents. He was surprised to see Niran and Anong there along with Atid's parents. Aroon saw Kiet standing a bit far from there along with Chai.

Aroon: How is he?

Kiet: He..

Chai: I asked you not to call him.

Kiet: But Atid is his husband.

Chai: He already asked for a divorce from Atid. So why bother.

Kiet: Chai, please.

Chai: After signing that divorce paper, he has never been the same. He hardly ate or slept. He spend most of his time working without even taking a break. I forced him to go home today. I thought his driver will drop him but he.. He drove the car himself. He fell asleep on the wheels due to exhaustion. I... I should have gone with him. I..

Chai starts to cry. Kiet runs to him and hugs him tight.

Kiet: Baby, you need to stop blaming yourself. You didn't know this would happen. Please stop doing this to yourself.

Chai: I ... I don't want to lose my bestfriend.

Kiet: You won't. He will be fine.

Aroon: He... He was the one who asked for divorce. I thought he is happy. I just signed it because I thought he loved Pringking.

Chai and Kiet looks Aroon who was blabbering things in shock.

Chai: He never wanted a divorce. He did it for you.

Aroon: But why? I never..

Chai: Why don't you ask your bestfriend?

Chai points towards Niran who was standing there looking at Aroon in distress. Aroon looks at Niran and he could see guilt on his face. Aroon walks towards him and holds his collar.

Aroon: What did you do?

Niran looks at Aroon and stutters.

Niran: I....

Aroon: JUST TELL ME WHAT DID YOU TELL HIM.

Niran: I told him Dew is your first love and that you are better off with him.

Aroon: Why? Why did you do that?

Niran: I just wanted to help you. You had to marry Atid because of my mistake. That day when you came home crying and said Atid got back with his girlfriend, I thought of getting you out of this arranged marriage. I called him to the restaurant where you were meeting Dew and showed how happy you are with Dew. I asked him to let you go if he valued your friendship.

Aroon: Why Niran, Why? I never asked you to interfere in my relationship. I went home that night to sort things with him but he asked for a divorce. I agreed thinking he wanted to be with Pringking.

Chai: He never got back with Pringking. That day in the office, all that was planned by Pringking to get back at Atid. That day was her last day in office and she was waiting in the reception for her relieving papers when she saw you there. She knew you were going to meet Atid. She got into Atid's cabin on pretext of saying goodbye to him and then kissed him forcefully to make you misunderstand the situation. When Atid knew that you came to meet him, he ran after you. He searched for you everywhere. Then he got Niran's call saying  you are in that restaurant. He came there and Niran told him all those shit

Everyone including Anong looks at Niran in anger. Anong slaps him hard and shouts at him.

Anong: How dare you? How dare you ruin my brother's marriage? He never hurt you once. Why would you do such a horrible thing?

Niran: I didn't mean to hurt him. I just wanted to help my bestfriend. I thought he is stuck in a loveless marriage because of me. I just..

Aroon: I told you not to interfere in my life. I told you I married him because I wanted to. I told you I love him. But you still....

Aroon started to cry unable to bear his pain. Kiet holds him tight as he cries in his arms.

Anong: I don't want to see you here.

Niran: Anong

Anong: If anything happens to my brother, you will be the one to bear consequences.

Niran: Anong please.

Anong walks away from there. Niran leaves the hospital dejected. Anong goes to Aroon and sits beside him.

Anong: I am sorry. I am so sorry PAroon.

Aroon looks at Anong and wipes her tears.

Aroon: It's not your fault. This is written in my destiny. I just want Atid to be okay. I want to apologize to him. I just want to tell him how much I love him. I..

Tears starts pouring down his eyes. He is terrified thinking about losing Atid.
Soon the light of the operation theater turns off and the doctor comes out with a grim look.

Aroon: How is he doctor? How is my husband?

Doctor: We have done everything we can from our end. Next 24hrs is very critical. If he does not gain consciousness in next 24hrs, he may go into coma.

Aroon looks at the doctor in shock. He then feels darkness creeping onto his eyes and then he goes unconscious.

"Aroon"