Changes - 26

Ever since the villagers had helped rebuild casita, they had noticed the Madrigal families cold actions towards their abuela. They were no longer going to her for instructions and spent less time helping out in the village. Instead they had been asking and teaching the village how to survive on their own. Their eyes were opened to their own actions and they slowly improved.

   With Luisa's help, the donkey pen was finally fixed and she helped them decide on single locations for their homes, bridges and churches. Pepa and Isabella gave them tips on how to tend to their fields and gardens while Julieta cautioned them to be more careful and taught simple first aid. Bruno explained some of his past future telling sand how their actions were the cause of the endings. Camilo still helped out but the people became more responsible and Mirabel was happy to entertain the children with fire shaped images and sewing clothes for those that may need it.

   Eventually the truth about Abuela was spread throughout the village and they understood the families actions. They continued to work hard to prove the woman wrong and Abuela began to see how wrong she had been. They were in fact doing just fine and her family was seemingly happier and closer than they were before. They had more time to explore their gifts and the limits they could go to.

   But as Abuela continued to see just how wrong she had been, she realizes a simple apology will not be enough. Bruno had been right to scold her and her heart hurt at the cold shoulder she was receiving. Even kind hearted Julieta barely spoke to her anymore. She sat in her new room which no longer held the comforting light of the candle. Her beloved husband's portrait sat in her room but even his loving eyes seemed to be glaring Siena t her harshly in disappointment. Abuela sighed quietly to herself as she asked herself how she could ever earn her familias forgiveness. She reluctantly went to bed and slept restlessly through the rest of the night.