Training - 13

With so much spare time on her hands, Mirabel sat in her new room for hours reading all the books she had collected weeks earlier after they had been dug out from underneath Casita. She couldn't train physically but she could learn all about cooking, gardening, and survival. She read about the different plants that you could and could not eat, which animals to avoid or befriend, and where to look for for shelter.

   Happy to see Mirabel resting instead of trying to help, her family did not question her new found love for books even though they should have. They had no idea she was learning these new skills to run away and protect them from afar. Had they known they would have stopped her immediately. But no one suspected a thing and would time to time drop by to keep Mira company and make sure she wasn't too bored.

   This went on until construction on Casita was completed but it wasn't the same. The magic was gone along with the candle Mira had tried so hard to save. Mirabel had healed up nicely and Antonio had had the idea to give her her own doorknob. She gave him a hug and teary eyed smile and slightly limped to the door. But when the doorknob connected it did something unexpected. The magic came back and instead of Mirabel getting a room she got the whole house. Mirabel didn't get a gift because she was the families gift and Casita was her power.

   The entire family cheered and the candles magic had spread to the entire town and it pulled everyone into the re-magiced Casita. Mirabel of course had her own room that was no longer the nursery and the family split apart to see if Casita had any new surprises to show off. As they all went to check out their room and reconnect with their gifts, Mirabel went to her door.

   On her door, stood a picture of her holding the candle with Abuela's door on the other side of the house no longer holding the candle she had held onto for so long. Abuela now had a normal door with her name painted on it like Mira had done to her door several years back. But Mirabel's gift wasn't just the candle. As she felt her excitement rise, her hands began to tingle. In the palm of her hands were small flames beginning to grow and flicker. She was the candles flame and with her families love it would never fade.